3.0 intel cpu voltage

splashtyme

n00b
high high can i go with the voltage?i am watercooled so cooling is good,,,im at 32c at 1.675 volts now/thanks :cool:

General rule of thumb:
Prescott = 1.65V
Northwood = 1.75V

Some people have not had issues with voltages above this, and some have had SNDS (sudden northwood death syndrome) above 1.7V, but that is the general rule of thumb.

==>Lazn

I've got a northwood D1 stepping at 1.7v watercooled. It's running well at 3.8ghz.
I haven't tried anything over 1.7v... i'd be too afraid of SNDS.
If you're feeling risky, go above 1.7v because several have had problems at higher voltages.

ok great then i will increase it and see what happens,,lol,,thanks,,,,i like to clock higher if possible :cool:

Just to be clear SNDS is when the increased voltage seems to work fine, and helps your overclock, but then suddenly one day without changing anything, with no warning at all the CPU compleatly dies, dead gone bye bye.

It is a problem with Northwoods, and with high voltages (over 1.75V) but a few unlucky people have had it happen at over 1.7V.

==>Lazn

ok well maybe i will only go to 1.7,,,,im at 3.0 @3.62 right know aquamark is 76,500,,just like to get more out of it,,,lol :D

I had a 3.0E that is a Prescott and I had the Volts going to 1.75 and that CPU was CLOCKED at 4.0 but very unstable but it was ok at 3.8 = very stable... and I had a POS mobo... but that was with a prescott so if you have a northwood i would not go to 1.75 volts, you could try it and see... GOOD LUCK ....I also had WCing on it

Back