2x2GB on Asus A8JS

Max Power

Gawd
Does anyone know if this will work (with 64bit Vista of course)? I've done some Googling and found people saying both that it will and it won't. Only have 2x1GB right now.

Does anyone know if this will work (with 64bit Vista of course)? I've done some Googling and found people saying both that it will and it won't. Only have 2x1GB right now.

Officially, 2GB is the maximum supported total amount of RAM on the A8Js (A8000Js) notebook (via 2x1GB modules).

I am running 3gb with my A8J, Vista Business 64, and it hasn't crashed once, I did have problems with XP but I don't know if it was the extra gig or not that caused the problem, I think my laptop was overheating. Since I put Vista on, added 2gb, and a new laptop cooler it has been running perfectly.

I am running 3gb with my A8J, Vista Business 64, and it hasn't crashed once, I did have problems with XP but I don't know if it was the extra gig or not that caused the problem, I think my laptop was overheating. Since I put Vista on, added 2gb, and a new laptop cooler it has been running perfectly.

Cool, so if I put in 4gb then it might see 3 of it at least? Or could it potentially see all four?

Back