2x "Unknown Device" w/ATI X800 Pro?

evildre

[H]F Junkie
I changed my system from an Intel D915PBL/P4 3.4 to an Asus A8N-SLI/A64 3500+ today, which meant I had to reload XP Pro. Yes, I tried to get Sysprep to work, but it didn't :( I have an ATI X800 Pro card. I know that, before I load video drivers, the system will report "VGA Controller" or something like that in Device Manager. Now, after I loaded the Catalyst 5.3s, I am getting two "Unknown Device" entries in Device Manager. When I check their properties, the General tab informs me that both of the devices are "on RADEON X800 PRO". When I check the "Hardware Ids" in the Details tab, one says DISPLAY\NTativmd34, and the other says DISPLAY\NTativrv34. I hate having question marks in my Device Manager. How do I get rid of these?

Hmm ... the 4.11s seemed to fix it, and the 5.x drivers just don't work. The devices were ATI WDM Rage Theater Video and ATI WDM SPecialized MVD Codec. Will the 5.x drivers even work with my freakin' card? :D

I believe there is or ,was atleast, a seperate driver for WDM. Try Ati's site. Not sure about the other..

Back