• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2x 74gb raptor raid 0

Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
527
I have 1 74gb raptor right now, I wanted to know is there a huge difference buying another 1 and going raid0 or whatever raid is fastest? im a gamer and looking for the best load times on maps, of course I could also just sell this and go scsi, but this is always cheaper, are regular sata's just as good? im not worried about space issues, i have a seperate file server with 2TB on it, so i dont care how big the drives are, just speed is my main goal
 
thats pretty interesting, I even saw the other day about some special hdd thats out by WD that has leds inside of it or whatever. I cant see paying an extra 100-150 bucks for 15 percent increase in load times for games
 
The 150GB raptor X will be a noticeable improvement, at about $350. Raid 0 won't be, except of course for the placebo effect. More ram may be a better investment, if you're not already at 2GB.

 
Back
Top