2x 6970's in Eyefinity.. Help?

phaelinx

Gawd
I purchased 2 Diamond 6970's for Eyefinity.

Each card comes with 2 DP, 1 hdmi and 1 DVI.

I currently have 3 monitors, 2 monitors have DP/DVI and a third has HDMI/VGA

So the DP ports on these cards is pretty close, close enough to where I can't plug in both DP adapters.

I have 1 DP in my top card along with HDMI, these 2 monitors output a signal. The third monitor, because the DP port is so close, I can't fit the adapter so I put it on the bottom card, no signal. I Assume this all the outputs need to be on the top card.

Anyone have experience with connecting 2 Diamon 6970's in Crossfire mode/Eyefinity?

How would I even hook these up? does only 1 monitor of the 3 have to have dp? or do they all need to be some how.. so if i output from hdmi i have to use a dp adapter, and if I output from the dvi port i have to use an dp adapter?

They use a reference style back plate.

The issue is likely your cables have some crazy large connector on them you might want to consider trying to find ones with smaller ends. The cables that came from dell had huge ends on them (referring to the casing around the connector) I tried a apple one to the same affect. Once I went out and picked up some online they fit just fine.

monoprice.com has ones that should fit. I got mine there.

Definitely big cables. If you can use 1 DP, one hdmi and one DVI, otherwise look for cables elsewhere. I got my 2 connectors from monoprice also. They fit right next to each other with no problems.

Back