• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2U BTX Case/ Chassis?

Asgorath

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,253
I need to find a 2U BTX chassis. At work we're doing a major upgrade and everything is going into a rack. We have a dell optiplex that is eating up 4U of space laying on a shelf and I want to re-house this computer into a 2U chassis. Unfortunetly, BTX rackmount chassis's aren't exactly popular. Please help me find one. I found 1U BTX chassis, but because the dell computer has an upright onboard sound stack on the back it won't fit in a 1U case.

Thanks,

Greg
 
A lot of times dell produces proprietary components, I would be carefull in retro fitting a dell motherboard in a consumer case.

Why not just pickup a cheap 2u with motherboard?
 
A lot of times dell produces proprietary components, I would be carefull in retro fitting a dell motherboard in a consumer case.

Why not just pickup a cheap 2u with motherboard?


I'm re-casing a purpose built system. If I had my choice I wouldn't use any of that hardware...but its not my choice.
 
Back
Top