2TB WD :$299 free ship, limit 1

Think I'll take 2 1.5TB drives for the same price...

or $40 less. Give it a couple weeks and they will drop into the $230-$250 range. Like everything this else new to market it will have a price premium for a while.

holy shit 2tb are out already??

think i'll wait for the 3tb version ;)

299 is not a hot price, thats MSRP price.

anyone know if the platter size increased? i havent been up on my drives lately. be interesting to see some benchmarks. it could be a hot deal if the speeds increased.

anyone know if the platter size increased? i havent been up on my drives lately. be interesting to see some benchmarks. it could be a hot deal if the speeds increased.
increased from what? these use 4 x 500GB platters

Ordered one. I'm down to 100GBs free on my 1TB drives, so this is just in time.

just need a competing drive from seagate
Considering the 1.5tb drive from Seagate is one of the fastest disks ATM I think it's WD that needs to play catchup as thier overpriced Raptors are the only drives of thiers even anywhere near reputable on any speed chart.

I don't care how large thier disks are if a dead snail can crawl up a wall faster than I can transfer data from one of thier disks.

TBH, Segate will show WD how 2tb is properly done once they release thiers >:p

Considering the 1.5tb drive from Seagate is one of the fastest disks ATM I think it's WD that needs to play catchup as thier overpriced Raptors are the only drives of thiers even anywhere near reputable on any speed chart.

I don't care how large thier disks are if a dead snail can crawl up a wall faster than I can transfer data from one of thier disks.

TBH, Segate will show WD how 2tb is properly done once they release thiers >:p

Someone is a Seagate fanboy...

Seagate will release their 2TB drives with faulty firmware and will then release a new firmware that will cause all the previous drives to brick.

Someone is a Seagate fanboy...

Seagate will release their 2TB drives with faulty firmware and will then release a new firmware that will cause all the previous drives to brick.

I've already picked up a couple of the 7200.12s which have the 500gb platters. Excellent drive, insanely fast, and not a single problem yet. I haven't a done a direct comparison to the Samsung F1 Spinpoints yet, but they seem to be just a hair faster.The 7200.11s definitely had their fair share of firmware issues though, and I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole.

Wow, the one time I have something that is the latest and greatest (1.5TB Seagate with the good firmware), and I can only enjoy myself for 1 month. lol :D
$150 is my threshold, that is what I am willing to pay.

more like adult videos...

yea, that was implied by what he said

lol reminds me of the simpsons treehouse of horror where lisa sarcastically says " look at the wonders of technology now" and Homer says "Wonders Lisa? or blunders?"

nobody else is going to be able to undercut this, considering nowhere in US carries it except newegg atm. but im sorry, MSRP != [H]ot, EVER

::edit::

lmao, okay, newegg and macmall. excuse me! :p

ROFL pls excuse me while i go eat my shoe (even though its OOS lawls)

but ew, buy.com. :D you better hope nothing goes wrong with your order! zero support

Back