• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2nd Instance will not start at bootup

Time2Kill

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
1,240
I've had this problem on several computers and I can not figure it out. I just got done installing windows xp pro twice (fresh format installs) and when I setup F@H to start up as a service, the first instance starts just fine, but the 2nd instance never starts. If I check services.msc right after bootup, it says Starting....but it never starts. I also went into the options for the service and said upon failure, to retry starting the service but that doesnt work either. BUT, if I click start service after it has failed to start, it starts right up with no problems.

Anybody have any idea on what I can try to fix it?
 
Did you set the second instance to have machine ID 2 under advanced options when you configure?

 
do you have the local flag set on both?


Keep on Folding!!

 
As above.........

Plus do you have two folders to put them in.
I call mine "F@H1" & "F@H2" and then use the same machine ID as the number in folder name.
That helps as a visual reminder if having to reconfig anything.

Luck............ :D
 



Sounds like a bad problem you got going on I would def try reinstalling to make sure you have the machine id's correct and what not
 
Duster said:



Sounds like a bad problem you got going on I would def try reinstalling to make sure you have the machine id's correct and what not

^^^ Now that is an inventive way around the whole staggered line. :D
 


Yep, and you can easily modify the badge bookmarklet so it does that automatically (I think, let's see...)

Edit: Yep! Change it to this:
Code:
javascript:document.vbform.message.value='[URL=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=38&tm=33&id=150072][IMG]http://www.hardfolding.com/ftag1.php/mem/150072.png[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=36&id=1392][IMG]http://www.hardfolding.com/utag.php/mem/1392.png[/IMG][/URL]\n\n' + document.vbform.message.value; document.vbform.submit(); halt;
and it prepends the badge instead of appending it.
 
Well it looks like they changed it. So the badge can stay at the bottom.

To the op, I'd check my cpu ids, and make sure the two instances are running out of two individual folders and not off the desktop. I've never had to use the -local flags before, and I have computers running 2 and 4 instances.

Edit: If any of the mods and higher ups are reading this, I like the look right at this minute. That staggered line thing hurt my eyes.

 
well i go to class and they fix it :)

anyways can we be any more off topic?

 
The machine IDs fixed the problems on the problem machines. I find it odd that some machines work off having both folders at 1 and some need to have IDs set to 1 and 2.
 
rule of thumb always have diff folders and machine Id for each instance you run

 
Back
Top