2nd HP LP2475w or U2410

If you're OCD and want them to line up perfectly on your desk, I'd get a 2nd hp :p

U2410 is a better monitor imo, after reading the reveiws. But if you want em to match visually, go with the HP.

I thought they used the same panel?

The panel is the same but the electronics regulating the panel are different. Dell U2410 features a 'gaming' mode that will lower your input lag to the 16 ms or lower level, meaning only 1 frame of input lag. And it has of course the Dell premium panel 0 dead pixel warranty backing it.

OTOH I've heard that HP has some quality control issues with that model and I don't know if they offer 0 dead pixel guarantee. Their website doesn't mention it.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/382087-382087-64283-72270-3884471-3648442.html

I prefer things to match or else it can be distracting. I know they have the same panels, but I bet you when you tweak them to look their best (as opposed to getting them to match), there will probably be a difference.

If you really love the U2410, try to sell your HP LP247w and buy two U2410's. If you don't, just get another LP2475w.

If you care about calibration and color accuracy, it's probably going to be harder to match two different models for color. Other than that, as long as the Dell has no defects we are not aware of yet, it should be less expensive with good coupons and such in NA.

Last edited:
my LP2475w is still new in box, problem is. I got a damn good deal off Ebay, and they don't take returns.

oh well, I was pretty damn stoked about the U2410 too =\

so the hp is better than the new u2410? (i am too thinking about buying one)

so the hp is better than the new u2410? (i am too thinking about buying one)

I haven't seen the u2410 in person but I think they are extremely similar for all practical purposes.

As mentioned above, however, the dell ultrasharp warranty is the best in the business by a long shot, if that matters to you.

Back