2Gig Overclocking ram?

DBZ33

Gawd
I just purchsed the OCZ 2Gig kit from Newegg and was able to run at 235FSB 3-3-3-8. I want to be able to run to 250FSB or maybe alittle more. What is out there that I can get 2Gigs of? Thanks.

A lot of people on here are saying that Crucial Value ram is the one to get. Should I return the OCZ and get the Crucial and save $60.00?

what kind of ram was the OCZ? How much was it?

I've heard good stuff about crucial value, but I guess ballistix is better. Though, if you're on the A64 platform, you are aware that getting faster memory won't improve your performance much, right? Since you already have decent memory, I'd say stick with what you have. If you want something that overclocks well for benchmarks (and as a "toy"), just buy a good 2x512 kit, depending on what your mobo is.

My suggestion would be just to get the crucial, ram doesn't matter much (assuming you're on the A64)

I have a P4 550 775. I just purchsed a P4 561 ES that is unlocked and the owner said he has it at 4.4GHz on air stable. I need to get to 250FSB.

oh, you want some TCCD then. Or ballistix. Though, I'd make sure the chip OC's as reported before shelling out a ton of cash for ram, not sure how you'd do it though. Just because that's a really high OC, and I saw the screen in another thread, the RPM fan at zero seems a little suspect, but the really sketchy thing is the lack of a stability test in the background. Anyone can boot a chip at a high speed, running it stable is another thing. Did he say what program it was stable under, and for how long?

If the CPU is unlocked, can't you just raise the multiplier higher? Or is the max multi X 250 the lowest bus you can reach the OC with?

He has used it for decoding and he plays BF2 and Doom3. He said that he had problems at 4.5GHz with heat. I guess I could just raise the multiplier. I want ram that will do at least 250FSB stable.

Should I get the 2GB Ballistix Tracer from crucial for $399.00? Thats a lot of money but everyone says they overclock like crazy. They run at 250FSB stock.

I just purchsed the Ballistic Tracer 2gb kit from Crucial. I am getting crazy with this computer stuff.

Instead why not get DDR2, even with a new MB + ram you'd still come out cheaper. Hell even the value 533 can run 667 @ 3-3-3-8.

Because if this system does not overclock well. I am going to sell my two P4's and go AMD X2. So the DDR will be used in that system. Or I can just sell it on EBay. The ram I got from Crucial was $399.00 for the 2Gb kit. The same ram on EBay is selling for $230.00 for each 1GB stick. I just hope my P4 will overclock in the mid 4Ghz with watercooling and this ram. We will see.

Then next year you'll sell your DDR when AMD goes DDR2, and you should hit 4ghz on air.

Back