2gh overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master [H] said:
Correct. We cannot see the pic, thefore, we will call BS because of how high you are claiming your OC to be.
Obviously by your OEM == ES claim, you might not know as much as you think you do. Just a tip, if there is a large percentage of the nerd population calling you wrong, you're probably talking out your ass. If you aren't knowledgeable enough to put up a few screenshots... there's a good chance you might not know what you're doing as far as overclocking/PRs. To be honest, i wouldn't mind it if you proved us all wrong, but the odds are against you. You may be thinking PR, you may just have a computer that shows a 4ghz overclock, but doesn't really take it ((that's why i ask for a CPU-Z screen shot)).
Anyways, good luck.

hold on guys, I need to roll up my pants in preparation for this landslide of bullshit.

ok...at first I was sort of on his side thinking that maybe he just made the typical noob mistake of confusing MHZ with PR rating....but I change my stance. I'm with everyone else in calling BS!

no pics + talking out of ass = BS

We need a moderator to lock this thing since most of the original poster is saying is balony

is any one aware of a new stepping that might be able to do this???(*what is the iteration that amd releases its procs.???*) (i doubt it... but giveing the breif benifit of the doubt) amd dose release new stuff all the time... perhaps they refinded the process to get ready for the next ramp... but im with you guys untill the pics are shown

emorphien said:
Not until he responds, please!

Theirs already been 1,000 views on this thread, and its provided absolutely no help what so ever but wasted Hard's bandwidth. I say dont even lock it, just delete it.

Gentlemen, while it may be true that he has some numbers mixed up or is in some way stretching the truth there is no need to respond in this manner....

Back up and back off.... give him some room to move

If you have something helpful to say then by all means do it, otherwise keep your remarks to yourself

We all started somewhere....

Maybe he has something special. A friend of mine told me he had his p4 at 5.04 ghz with just air cooling. I didn't believe him, because, you know, that only happens in nitrogen/fairy tales. Then he showed me it. 67*C idle, not sure what load. FSB at 360 mhz and multi of 14 yields 5040 mhz. Yeah, with just a heatsink. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. When you get something really really special straight from Intel you can do crazy things.

It's obvious this guy doesn't know what he's doing, but people, don't be so rejecting of new things. Like an above poster said, there are new steppings being released every day, sometimes they're insane. The 1700+ low voltage models and 2.4C's are examples of this.

Deadlierchair said:
Like an above poster said, there are new steppings being released every day, sometimes they're insane. The 1700+ low voltage models and 2.4C's are examples of this.

I've got one of those 1700+'s I believe. If I remember correctly, it ran at 1.55v or something like that. Was a beast of an OCer too. Got to about 2.3 or 2.4 on Air. Now its in a PC I can't unleash the power of the CPU, because it's one of those little media type PC's. :(

Yea no way he got 3.4ghz...
I mean ive seen some crazy o/c's on air, such as my friend who gets 2.5ghz stable on his 1700+ with a 92mm tornado and SLK-900.
And I hardly believe the last guy who said he got a P4 to 5ghz on air... Possibly if he just got into bios, or maybe if you are standing outside in below zero temps, but not in normal conditions, and no way its stable.
And ill gladly upload any screenshots.

Deadlierchair said:
Maybe he has something special. A friend of mine told me he had his p4 at 5.04 ghz with just air cooling. I didn't believe him, because, you know, that only happens in nitrogen/fairy tales. Then he showed me it. 67*C idle, not sure what load. FSB at 360 mhz and multi of 14 yields 5040 mhz. Yeah, with just a heatsink. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. When you get something really really special straight from Intel you can do crazy things.

It's obvious this guy doesn't know what he's doing, but people, don't be so rejecting of new things. Like an above poster said, there are new steppings being released every day, sometimes they're insane. The 1700+ low voltage models and 2.4C's are examples of this.
did you run cpu-z on it? Sometimes a motherboard will 'take' an overclock and post with the 'new' speed but will be running much lower than the speed it says. If possible, get a cpu-z screenie and shut me up, because i find a 5040 almost as hard to believe as a 4ghz AMD overclock. (i'd LOVE to see that screenie... that'd have to be a record breaker)

Eh , this thread has just took a turn for the worse. I just don't understand why someone would lie about how "fast" thier computer is. It's not like we are going to think that person is the best in the world and somehow they get anything out of it. If he made a mistake it'd be nice for him to just admit it and go on. No point in trashing him or starting up "flame wars" , though I highly doubt he will return to this thread. I'd have to agree with it being locked because well....no one is gaining anything out of this and that's what this forum was put here for....to gain information and help out others with computer related problems.

he said he was having internet troubles or something...

so I say we give him a chance to at least post back here, that way we know the reason he isn't around is just bc of lack of internet...

Friend of mine just told me about this post, said I would get a good laugh......

Boy was he right, rofl.

Take it easy guys & girls, give him a chance. As long as nothing gets out of hand in here then the thread will stay open. I will be keeping a close eye on it, however.

I just don't think there is much for him to "reply" with . We all know his claims are ludacris , so there is really no point to even wait for his response.

"5Ghz @ 360FSB on Intel" *cough* *bullshit*

I'm doubting that claim too. The highest I've seen stable on air was in the 3.9 - 4.0Ghz range. And thats like a SP-94 with a Tornado on top of it. Besides Intel mobo's start getting wacky right over 300FSB, so that 360FSB is stretching it too. Unless he has some NEW chip architecture "straight from Intel" I'm calling bullshit on that too.

And like I said 30 posts ago.... 3.4Ghz on AMD on anything but liquif Nitro on a hand picked cherry AND unlocked A64 is IMPOSSIBLE too.

chrisf6969 said:
"I'm doubting that claim too. The highest I've seen stable on air was in the 3.9 - 4.0Ghz range. And thats like a SP-94 with a Tornado on top of it. Besides Intel mobo's start getting wacky right over 300FSB, so that 360FSB is stretching it too. Unless he has some NEW chip architecture "straight from Intel" I'm calling bullshit on that too."

..........And what was the idle temperature on that???

chrisf6969 said:
"5Ghz @ 360FSB on Intel" *cough* *bullshit*

I'm doubting that claim too. The highest I've seen stable on air was in the 3.9 - 4.0Ghz range. And thats like a SP-94 with a Tornado on top of it. Besides Intel mobo's start getting wacky right over 300FSB, so that 360FSB is stretching it too. Unless he has some NEW chip architecture "straight from Intel" I'm calling bullshit on that too.

And like I said 30 posts ago.... 3.4Ghz on AMD on anything but liquif Nitro on a hand picked cherry AND unlocked A64 is IMPOSSIBLE too.

Macci has done those claims...although using extreme cooling methods. If you don't think he did, go to XtremeSystems or Akiba and call him a liar...then see where that gets you. He's done so many mods to his boards to get them to run at those speeds though that most would either consider him crazy or a genius.

http://www.solidhardware.com/macci/

anyway, have fun flaming. It's apparently a good way to test out these new forums :p

nst6563 said:
Macci has done those claims...although using extreme cooling methods. If you don't think he did, go to XtremeSystems or Akiba and call him a liar...then see where that gets you. He's done so many mods to his boards to get them to run at those speeds though that most would either consider him crazy or a genius.

http://www.solidhardware.com/macci/

anyway, have fun flaming. It's apparently a good way to test out these new forums :p

NOTICE I was talking about "on air", I've seen some 5ghz with Nitro and Vapo, but not on AIR COOLING!! He claimed 5Ghz on AIR COOLING. And I said the highest I've seen on AIR is around 4Ghz. Read the words in my post.

This thread has outlived its usefulness and you have all had your fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back