2gb cant be enough for two screens?

alek

Limp Gawd
Hey. There is a sale here on the Gigabyte 770gtx 2gb. So im considering 2 for SLI but i want to run a 1080p 144hz screen for gaming and a 1440p for wathing movies and work using programs like photoshop and browsers and more simultaneously. I fear ill run out of video memory rather quick :confused:

PS. Any opinions on this appreciated.. the sale ends in 1 hr...

it depends a lot on what you'll be playing, but if it's any recent FPS, you're going to have to turn off options at 2GB on many games just doing that activity alone. You'd obviously use some vRAM for rendering movies and video, but not a whole lot, probably under 300MB for the 1440p screen. The two together means that you'll probably have to turn off some options in graphics heavy games.

that being said, maybe you don't care, or don't play GPU heavy games. you didn't give us much to go on there.

Thanks.
I'd like to be able to play games like Crysis and stuff. But if the other screen will max at 300mb~ it will be ok as i dont mind turning down a few graphical options (considering it will save me $200ish).

crisis you might be able to pull off, crisis 3 no. I have quad 780s running in tri +PhysX. if you meant crysis3, good luck. I can' even max that with each card handling a 1440p screen and nothing else going on.

I just ended up ordering the screens.
I compared the cards with the 760 sli (msi twin frozr that got gold award here) and got unsure
Crysis 3 is what i ment. sry. Dang wild setup. Can't believe its that demanding! :S

Wait, only one screen for gaming, the other will have the desktop?

RAM wont matter much, it only does when spanning games across multiple screens.

yes gaming just on one screen but the other monitor will also be used for stuff that at least require some gpu

Back