• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2D Image Quality

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 16, 2002
Messages
4,602
I remember back in the day, people always talked about Matrox having the best 2D image quality when it came to their video cards. I saw some various rigs using Matrox, ATI, S3, nVidia, etc, solutions, and I would say I have to agree, things did look sharper and more detailed on the Matrox card somehow.

Then a bit later, when Matrox was effectively out of the performance game, ATI supposedly had the lead over nVidia when it came to IQ in both 2D and 3D (even if nVidia was pushing a couple extra FPS in the 3D apps) so when I bought my card, I went with an ATI, because I'd rather it look nice than deal with framerates so high they don't matter anyway.

Well, it has been a couple years since, is it still the same way? nVidia seems to have temporarily grabbed the performance crown again, but what about the IQ crown? Do ATI cards still look better, or are they equal these days?
 
they are pretty much equal. some will say nvidia has the lead due to digital vibrance and some will say thats bullcrap heh.
 
Back
Top