• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2CoolTek is no longer with us.

IceWindus

n00b
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
10
Wow, this is just beyond sad. 2CoolTek was one of the first places I started getting parts for when I began modding and Ian and I became kinda buddies.

Now like so many others, he cannot compete with the larger companies and had decided to move on to other endevors. 2cooltek is up for sale for $5000 on ebay. Read Ians final farewell here. All his stuff is 50% off.

http://www.2cooltek.com/
 
Ya I remember when that first started up. All good things come to an end. He stayed a bit too small though. It's a tough biz.
 
Damn, that place was like 5+ years old. I remember buying fans for my very first mod there :( .
 
Sorry to hear about this :( , but i hear there are more going Out of Business Very Soon - Me Included if things do not Pick up!


it is very true the Big Guys are Winning and the Small Stores are All but Dead .

It Will Be a Sad Day in Modding when you have only a Few Choices Left! :(
 
It's sad to see him go. I remember getting some stuff from him years ago too.
 
That's a shame. I remember ordering some stuff from them in 1999. It was one of the first places I ever ordered fans, etc...
 
Funny how many of us can remember buying from 2CoolTek "years ago" but not "recently?" If this is sad, why keep buying from Newegg? :confused:
 
Sad to see them go. When small sites like so-trick are able to sell the new stuff like the v1000B for less delivered than Newegg there is still a chance. (small plug for you Robert)
 
How come only the cheap stuff is 50% off? :rolleyes:

I wanted to buy some stuff, but that stuff is the same price elsewhere.

You've got to have enticing inventory to keep customers around.
 
Darth_Fluffy said:
Egg is good, but they aren't exactly big on modding supplies. Rheobuses are as far as it goes..

Yep. I've always gotten stuff from 2cooltek, caseETC, case-mod, xoxide, frozenCPU and a few others. Even though I can't resist strolling through the modding section at kompfUSSR, it somehow bothers me to see that stuff on their shelves. Then I see the price and I start feeling ill.
 
cgrant26 said:
Yep. I've always gotten stuff from 2cooltek, caseETC, case-mod, xoxide, frozenCPU and a few others. Even though I can't resist strolling through the modding section at kompfUSSR, it somehow bothers me to see that stuff on their shelves. Then I see the price and I start feeling ill.

Couldn't have agreed anymore. Now every schmuck has some sort of light in their case and probably doesn't know the difference between RAM and a hard drive. Seriously, some things are better left a little underground. It really does hurt to see them go, though. I'll remember reading their mod guides and about his Cobra.

Best of luck to him.
 
Back
Top