295 help

Vaulter98c

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2009
2FA
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
5,840
OK, should be sleepiong now, but I cant, so I figured I go for 50k

Anyways, I got my 3 way headless in the basement now, no more crazy whine lol

Figured I'd try to get my other 2 cores up on my dual 295's. Right now I have one dummy in 1 VGA slot on each card and I can fold thru shortcuts 1 and 2. before, 3 & 4 wouldnt start. Put in my HDMI dummies and forced detection (desktop shared on 4 screens now). Went back in and tried to run 3 & 4, but FAHmon shows instant EUE's, actualy, it doesnt even get to an EUE, just unstable mach and then it dies. Ill post one log file, but 3 & 4 look the same

Any ideas? this is another 15k Im not using that I should be, and its what stands between me and 50k PPD

LOG
Code:
# Windows GPU Console Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

                       Folding@Home Client Version 6.23

                          http://folding.stanford.edu

###############################################################################
###############################################################################

Launch directory: C:\Users\#####\AppData\Roaming\Folding@Home-gpu3
Arguments: -gpu 2 

[00:46:02] - Ask before connecting: No
[00:46:02] - User name: Vaulter98c (Team 33)
[00:46:02] - User ID: 152C88C01D85EEF6
[00:46:02] - Machine ID: 6
[00:46:02] 
[00:46:02] Work directory not found. Creating...
[00:46:02] Could not open work queue, generating new queue...
[00:46:03] Initialization complete
[00:46:03] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[00:46:03] + Attempting to get work packet
[00:46:03] - Connecting to assignment server
[00:46:03] - Successful: assigned to (171.67.108.11).
[00:46:03] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[00:46:03] Loaded queue successfully.
[00:46:04] + Closed connections
[00:46:04] 
[00:46:04] + Processing work unit
[00:46:04] Core required: FahCore_11.exe
[00:46:04] Core not found.
[00:46:04] - Core is not present or corrupted.
[00:46:04] - Attempting to download new core...
[00:46:04] + Downloading new core: FahCore_11.exe
[00:46:05] + 10240 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 20480 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 30720 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 40960 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 51200 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 61440 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 71680 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 81920 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 92160 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 102400 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 112640 bytes downloaded
[00:46:05] + 122880 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 133120 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 143360 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 153600 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 163840 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 174080 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 184320 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 194560 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 204800 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 215040 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 225280 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 235520 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 245760 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 256000 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 266240 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 276480 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 286720 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 296960 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 307200 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 317440 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 327680 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 337920 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 348160 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 358400 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 368640 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 378880 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 389120 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 399360 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 409600 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 419840 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 430080 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 440320 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 450560 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 460800 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 471040 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 481280 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 491520 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 501760 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 512000 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 522240 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 532480 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 542720 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 552960 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 563200 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 573440 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 583680 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 593920 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 604160 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 614400 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 624640 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 634880 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] + 642475 bytes downloaded
[00:46:06] Verifying core Core_11.fah...
[00:46:06] Signature is VALID
[00:46:06] 
[00:46:06] Trying to unzip core FahCore_11.exe
[00:46:06] Decompressed FahCore_11.exe (1843200 bytes) successfully
[00:46:11] + Core successfully engaged
[00:46:16] 
[00:46:16] + Processing work unit
[00:46:16] Core required: FahCore_11.exe
[00:46:16] Core found.
[00:46:16] Working on queue slot 01 [November 22 00:46:16 UTC]
[00:46:16] + Working ...
[00:46:16] 
[00:46:16] *------------------------------*
[00:46:16] Folding@Home GPU Core - Beta
[00:46:16] Version 1.19 (Mon Nov 3 09:34:13 PST 2008)
[00:46:16] 
[00:46:16] Compiler  : Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.762 for 80x86 
[00:46:16] Build host: amoeba
[00:46:16] Board Type: Nvidia
[00:46:16] Core      : 
[00:46:16] Preparing to commence simulation
[00:46:16] - Looking at optimizations...
[00:46:16] - Created dyn
[00:46:16] - Files status OK
[00:46:16] - Expanded 46734 -> 252912 (decompressed 541.1 percent)
[00:46:16] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=46734 data_size=252912, decompressed_data_size=252912 diff=0
[00:46:16] - Digital signature verified
[00:46:16] 
[00:46:16] Project: 5765 (Run 14, Clone 215, Gen 759)
[00:46:16] 
[00:46:16] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[00:46:16] Entering M.D.
[00:46:23] mdrun_gpu returned 
[00:46:23] Going to send back what have done -- stepsTotalG=0
[00:46:23] Work fraction=0.0000 steps=0.
[00:46:27] logfile size=0 infoLength=0 edr=0 trr=25
[00:46:27] - Writing 637 bytes of core data to disk...
[00:46:27] Done: 125 -> 124 (compressed to 99.2 percent)
[00:46:27]   ... Done.
[00:46:27] 
[00:46:27] Folding@home Core Shutdown: UNSTABLE_MACHINE
[00:46:31] CoreStatus = 7A (122)
[00:46:31] Sending work to server
[00:46:31] Project: 5765 (Run 14, Clone 215, Gen 759)
[00:46:31] - Read packet limit of 540015616... Set to 524286976.


[00:46:31] + Attempting to send results [November 22 00:46:31 UTC]
[00:46:31] + Results successfully sent
[00:46:31] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@Home.

Folding@Home Client Shutdown.

I fragged the work folder, the core, and the que, so its all fresh. Still no luck



HMM the tag should say 17k PPD ...
 
I hope you get it working. I havent had the chance to run multiple GPU clients on one box yet.
If you want to send me one of the 295s to see if I can get it to work i'll give you my shipping address. :D
 
Remove all dummy plugs, make sure latest NVIDIA drivers are installed, enable SLI (hardware bridge is optional)

You may need to put -forcegpu flags in the command line of each F@H instance. I was running BOINC on my dual 295 box, but I did test it with F@H as well.

edit: if you're running headless, you'll need one dummy plug to take the place of the primary monitor
 
ok well download the console client and use

-gpu 3 -forcegpu g80 -verbosity 9

If that dont work then your card just dont want to fold.
I had a couple of 295's that would do other GPGPU but wouldnt fold
 
These were lassiterb's cards tho, he had them folding, so they do work, just not for me :( if I can get some signal I'll try to remote login tonight and give that a try (i'm at work fir the second time today)

Hope I can get that up, with just a slight oc to 1397 shaders they push 8600 per core on 353's, fahmon shows the farm at 36k right now with 2 1888's, I'd love to cross that 50k line, and the extra heat helps keep the gas bill down (11$ last month LOL)

Once I hit 50, it's only big numbers from there
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Sry for the double, can't click the damn edit button LOL
Anyways, what's the last two tags do? I recall the one but it would be nice to get a real answer as to what each one does, just for my own knowledge
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
-forcegpu nvidia_g80 forces the client to treat the GPU as if it were a G80 even if it isn't, which apparently helps with some compatibility issues. -verbosity 9 just makes the client output more detailed log information.
 
Roger. I'll try when I get home then. I can only login via my phone and I don't think that's good enough for changing displays and what not. I hate that they blocked the good Internet, now I've gotta connect across the street, and that only works some rimes, usually traffic is too much, a single car will drop my signal
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
DAMN!!

tried that, no go, with and without quad SLI

plus, my 3 way went down between 0600 and 0800, so Ive got to get that back up tonight too.

grrrr, its always something with this farm. Hell, its never even been a farm yet, its still just a 2000$ stack of GPU's and dead Mobo's and a bag full of CPU's...

fuck this, Im going out to the range, gotta shoot something....
 
DAMN!!

tried that, no go, with and without quad SLI

plus, my 3 way went down between 0600 and 0800, so Ive got to get that back up tonight too.

grrrr, its always something with this farm. Hell, its never even been a farm yet, its still just a 2000$ stack of GPU's and dead Mobo's and a bag full of CPU's...

fuck this, Im going out to the range, gotta shoot something....

Shoot the dead mobo's, not the Vid cards.

Pelting a dead HDD with my SKS was very cathartic last time I shot hardware.
 
Pelting a dead HDD with my SKS was very cathartic last time I shot hardware.

harddrive.jpg


I shot this with an AR-15.

Back to the OP, if enabling SLI doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you have BOINC installed? I like to use BOINC to make sure all CUDA devices are detected. Once you've verified the hardware and drivers are OK, then you know the problem is with the F@H software and you just need to play around with command-line options, etc.
 
Yea those HDMI dummies might not be working as good as ya think

Have you tried the registry edit?
 
reg edit?

snapped off a few hundred on the AR and about 100 on the glock, feeling much better now, should have taken one of my K9A2's tho...
 
Wish I could be more help, but I only used WinXP when folding on those cards and didn't have any issues then, I just disabled SLI, expanded the desktop, and started up the clients with the appropriate GPU flags and folded away. Come to think of it, WinXP is the only OS that I have ever used for anything beyond a 2GPU folding rig. XP folding for the win. :)
 
Im selling a GTX 295 right now, cause I cant get it to fold under under Win7 x64.

Im all out a trix
 
What you thnkng of for a price? Maybe a trade? Let me know
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Not looking for a trade unless you have a M4985 handy.
 
Back
Top