290 and Eyefinity issues

veedubfreak

2[H]4U
Ok, so my eyefinity worked perfectly fine on my 7970. Is anyone else running into issues where they have to redo their eyefinity setup after a reboot? I'm trying to figure out if it is because I'm using hdmi/dvi/dvi, but I can't remember where I left my full size displayport cable to test it the other way round.

Might be because you're using hdmi as one of your inputs. On my 7970 i did dvi/dvi & third was dvi=> miniDP for eyefinity. When my 290x showed up I had to order a dvi=>DP adapter since the card didn't have any mDP slots on it. When i did dvi/dvi/hdmi all i was able to do was run extended desktop on the side monitors and game on the center til my adapter came in & then was able to do eyefinity without any problems again. As far as I know you need to do dvi or DP for everyfinity to work unless you have one of the Flex cards & if you use an adapter for your dvi to mDP or DP it has to be an active one which are about $25 a piece.

Nah, I'm using dvi/dvi/hdmi. It actually held its settings today though, so the plot thickens. I did manage to find my displayport cable though, so I'm going to get that a try and see if I can hook into my tv with the hdmi just for shits and giggles.

Figured I'd add what monitors I'm running. Using 3 u2713 Dells.

The 290 is the first AMD card that can use 3 DVI/HDMI inputs, the previous 5000/6000/7000 Eyefinity required at least one DP port to be used due to insufficient ramdacs.

Back