29 degrees C good temp in bios? A64 3000+ 90nm (no windows cd to install)

CyByte

Gawd
I have to find where I put my windows cd but the bios seems to run stable.

It is running at 29 degrees in the bios. Is this a good temp? My processor is an A64 3000+ and susposed to be 90nm but I can't prove it lol

I'm just trying to get an idea if I'm running good now

xp-90 and vantec 92mm tornado. but the speed of the tornado is only running about 1/3-1/2 speed since i hooked it up to a fan controller.

i think it's running about 3000 rpm

remember i can only load the bios. everything is stock since I'm not sure how to do that yet lol

i see, that's decent cooling then

honestly.. i'm very tempted to tell you that 29c sucks, and you're gonna kill your cpu :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
i see, that's decent cooling then

honestly.. i'm very tempted to tell you that 29c sucks, and you're gonna kill your cpu :p

LOL! Mine Venice idles at 31 degrees running at 2592mhz with an XP90 and a Panaflo. I havent killed mine.......yet!

I live in a basement that is nice and cool and low humity to :) I should check the temp down there sometime.

ok so 29 C is good then. Later today when I find my windows cd what is a good idle temp in windows? good program to tell me the temp of the processor in windows?

I have a lan party ulta d mother board

Get Motherboard Monitor 5 (type mbm5 on google) to check your case and cpu temperatures.

I idle at about 33c in Windows (Venice w/ xp-90 and m1a), and I use Everest or nTune to get the temps... they both work for me; I'm not sure which one is better.

i use everest for temps. and yes, thats a good temp....u should be able to overclock quite well :)

i can get 29 or 30 on my venice 3200+ at stock speeds and stock HSF. i have 28 right now.

I found out the stock voltages so I guess when I find the windows cd I can try to over clock it :)

If you want lower, drop the stock voltage by .2v. The DFI board I have shuts off my cpu fan b/c the temp actually drops below 25c at times.

I'm currently running my 3200+ 90nm at 210htt, 1:1 divider, 10x multi, 1.2v and my load temp is anywhere from 33c to 40c (my PC is in a "converted" closet underneath the steps...so the lower temp is obviosly with the door open...the higher temp is when the door is shut. One of these days I'll put some ventilation in there :p)

btw...yes...good temps to start with. with a little work, I'd say you can EASILY get them lower with that xp-90 and fan.

Back