• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

280x over double the performance in doom with vulkan

Those 290x dont want to age... whos next?

get
LOL
 
wvUhTtR.png


Courtesy of my beautiful 980Ti and PresentMon.

Tested in Foundry level; ~ 150 second loop

99% of frames > 104fps in 720P vulkan

OGL; 99% > 93fps
 
Last edited:
So your overclocked 980ti is just 20fps faster than $199 card at stock clocks?

LOL

... Wantapple... Wantapple... Not a day goes by that I don't wish you applied that modest amount of gray matter you possess before posting :( You can't compare results from different sources, because they all test in different areas, different settings, different loops.

Here are some benchmarks

sB6xzQm.png

NeqHcbs.png
doom_2560_v.jpg


Judging by the 1440p Hardware Unboxed data I'm 20% ahead of a 240$ 8gb rx480, at stock clocks.

Considering by 20%+ OC (and memory OC too) I'm at least 120x1.2 = 45% ahead of the rx480

If we consider the gamegpu ones I'm 57% ahead

"your overclocked 980ti is just 20fps faster than $199 card at stock clocks?"

If 20fps is ~50% of what the RX480 is achieving, then yes, but it's cost ~240$ not 199$ :O

kv7Joo5.png
1sJNK5F.png
Ub2fNvW.png
 
Last edited:
... Wantapple... Wantapple... Not a day goes by that I don't wish you applied that modest amount of gray matter you possess before posting :( You can't compare results from different sources, because they all test in different areas, different settings, different loops.

Here are some benchmarks

sB6xzQm.png


Judging by the 1440p Hardware Unboxed data I'm 20% ahead of a 240$ 8gb rx480, at stock clocks.

Considering by 20%+ OC (and memory OC too) I'm at least 120x1.2 = 45% ahead of the rx480

If we consider the gamegpu ones I'm 57% ahead

"your overclocked 980ti is just 20fps faster than $199 card at stock clocks?"

If 20fps is ~50% of what the RX480 is achieving, then yes



That one is even worst 13fps ahead of 199 dollars card. no will body will pay $400 for 13fps... it is what it is.
 
That one is even worst 13fps ahead of 199 dollars card. no will body will pay $400 for 13fps... it is what it is.

No clue what you're on about mate.

Presuming you're talking about the Digital Foundry results; RX480 at ~90 and 1070/980Ti @ 115 ?

That's 25 FPS difference. the RX480 is on par with a 980.

115/90 = 128%.

Stock. :D

Edit: I really don't know what you're on about with your 400$ for 13 fps frankly wantapple D:

240$ + 400$ = 640$

With 640$ you can buy a gtx 1080 which is 50% faster at stock, than RX480
 
Last edited:
No clue what you're on about mate.

Presuming you're talking about the Digital Foundry results; RX480 at ~90 and 1070/980Ti @ 115 ?

That's 25 FPS difference. the RX480 is on par with a 980.

115/90 = 128%.

Stock. :D

Edit: I really don't know what you're on about with your 400$ for 13 fps frankly wantapple D:

240$ + 400$ = 640$

With 640$ you can buy a gtx 1080 which is 50% faster at stock, than RX480
doesn't matter really. I know you love your 980Ti but this is the AMD subforum and a thread about an AMD 7970/280X and it's continued life. Regardless of any anti-NVIDIA posts, your 980Ti benches just don't belong here. This should be a safe haven for stupid and inane anti-NVIDIA propaganda so no need for your defense. You won't find me in the Nvidia sub forum as well as we shouldn't find you here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zuul
like this
doesn't matter really. I know you love your 980Ti but this is the AMD subforum and a thread about an AMD 7970/280X and it's continued life. Regardless of any anti-NVIDIA posts, your 980Ti benches just don't belong here. This should be a safe haven for stupid and inane anti-NVIDIA propaganda so no need for your defense. You won't find me in the Nvidia sub forum as well as we shouldn't find you here.

Well your partisanship is noted. Since I, unlike you, am not a self-proclaimed NV/AMD fan who is relegated to only one forum, I can post wherever I damned well please.

The benchmarks are not really about the 980Ti. They're about CPU bottlenecks and how they affect the OGL --> Vulkan transition.

Worth noting I'm the only person on this forum to even make a half-assed effort in benchmarking this game

(Of course I love my 980Ti, who wouldn't love a card that manages a 20% core OC with an undervolt ? )
 
Well your partisanship is noted. Since I, unlike you, am not a self-proclaimed NV/AMD fan who is relegated to only one forum, I can post wherever I damned well please.

The benchmarks are not really about the 980Ti. They're about CPU bottlenecks and how they affect the OGL --> Vulkan transition.

Worth noting I'm the only person on this forum to even make a half-assed effort in benchmarking this game
no. You just like irking the AMD fanbois. this thread isn't about a 980Ti, it is about the 7970/280X, so your benches mean absolutely nothing. No one in this subforum cares. The past month has been ugly and far too confrontational in this subforum because of posters like you that can't be bothered with reason. Reason as AMD bashing is ok in the NVidia subforum and NVIDIA bashing is ok in the AMD subforum with the video card section being a free for all. If you abided by this a number of threads wouldn't have been closed and those of us interested in AMD would be able to enjoy these threads rather than sift thru tons of angry children bickering.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zuul
like this
no. You just like irking the AMD fanbois. this thread isn't about a 980Ti, it is about the 7970/280X, so your benches mean absolutely nothing. No one in this subforum cares. The past month has been ugly and far too confrontational in this subforum because of posters like you that can't be bothered with reason. Reason as AMD bashing is ok in the NVidia subforum and NVIDIA bashing is ok in the AMD subforum with the video card section being a free for all. If you abided by this a number of threads wouldn't have been closed and those of us interested in AMD would be able to enjoy these threads rather than sift thru tons of angry children bickering.

I don't bash anyone, speak for yourself mate.

This thread is about Vulkan performance improvements, my benchmark results are very pertinent, and I did not make a point of comparing my 980Ti to other cards, just OGL vs VK at various resolutions.

wantapple started comparing cards, and I replied to him. Complain to him, mate.

So your overclocked 980ti is just 20fps faster than $199 card at stock clocks?

LOL

Funny that you should accuse me of being unreasonable
 
Well your partisanship is noted. Since I, unlike you, am not a self-proclaimed NV/AMD fan who is relegated to only one forum, I can post wherever I damned well please.The benchmarks are not really about the 980Ti. They're about CPU bottlenecks and how they affect the OGL --> Vulkan transition.
Worth noting I'm the only person on this forum to even make a half-assed effort in benchmarking this game
(Of course I love my 980Ti, who wouldn't love a card that manages a 20% core OC with an undervolt ? )
Yeah we all noticed a healthy absence of it in the Nvidia forums but when your 980 TI can be bought for $199 it can finally compete with RX 480

... Wantapple... Wantapple... Not a day goes by that I don't wish you applied that modest amount of gray matter you possess before posting :( You can't compare results from different sources, because they all test in different areas, different settings, different loops.

Words to live by I guess but it doesn't stop you and it never does , your insistent patronizing of people is annoying yet you keep spamming the crap out of the AMD forum with absolutely fucking nothing but shit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zuul
like this
Yeah we all noticed a healthy absence of it in the Nvidia forums but when your 980 TI can be bought for $199 it can finally compete with RX 480



Words to live by I guess but it doesn't stop you and it never does , your insistent patronizing of people is annoying yet you keep spamming the crap out of the AMD forum with absolutely fucking nothing but shit.

I beg to differ, I don't think my benchmarks are 'nothing but shit'.

Again, you're the one comparing cards, I never compared cards.

Also, the 8gb 480 can't be had for $199, and this thread isn't about the rx480. You spammer.
 
Also worth noting comparing fps in screenshots is a spectacularly bad way of conducting benchmark tests.
 
No clue what you're on about mate.

Presuming you're talking about the Digital Foundry results; RX480 at ~90 and 1070/980Ti @ 115 ?

That's 25 FPS difference. the RX480 is on par with a 980.

115/90 = 128%.

Stock. :D

Edit: I really don't know what you're on about with your 400$ for 13 fps frankly wantapple D:

240$ + 400$ = 640$

With 640$ you can buy a gtx 1080 which is 50% faster at stock, than RX480

No one can argue that, the 1080 is a beast of card, and currently the top of the line. but, for $650 they at least should have implemented proper DX12 and Vulkan support.
Just think about a 1080 with real async,dx12 and vulkan, that will be a different animal but i assume nvidia is just being lazy.

going back to the topic, i still thinking hawaii is one of the best gpus released by AMD. after almost 4 years these cards still going strong.
 
No one can argue that, the 1080 is a beast of card, and currently the top of the line. but, for $650 they at least should have implemented proper DX12 and Vulkan support.
Just think about a 1080 with real async,dx12 and vulkan, that will be a different animal but i assume nvidia is just being lazy.

Nope.

The GTX1080 does have "proper" DX12/ Vulkan support.

It also supports Async Compute, as does Maxwell.

If by 'proper async support' you mean achieving gains in performance on par with GCN that's unlikely, as NV would have to dramatically reduce the efficiency and shader utilization under non-async paths to achieve that.

You claiming Pasc/Max don't "properly" support DX12/Vulkan and conflating AMD's performance gains under Vulkan with async compute is just you being lazy and/or facetious
 
no. You just like irking the AMD fanbois. this thread isn't about a 980Ti, it is about the 7970/280X, so your benches mean absolutely nothing. No one in this subforum cares. The past month has been ugly and far too confrontational in this subforum because of posters like you that can't be bothered with reason. Reason as AMD bashing is ok in the NVidia subforum and NVIDIA bashing is ok in the AMD subforum with the video card section being a free for all. If you abided by this a number of threads wouldn't have been closed and those of us interested in AMD would be able to enjoy these threads rather than sift thru tons of angry children bickering.

Like I said, ignore the turds and enjoy the Bliss
 
I figured out my issue. I was seeing a 10fps using Vulkan. I updated to the latest drivers and now I'm seeing a 30fps increase. Very nice indeed. So for me on my 7950, I went from 80 to 110 at 1080p.
 
Bloody hell, that's a nice ignore function, you don't even see the ignored persons being quoted.
 
Bloody hell, that's a nice ignore function, you don't even see the ignored persons being quoted.
I just cant bring myself to ignore, at least not yet. Sometimes, and with some it is quite rare, they do give some good info and doesn't hurt to see the other side. My plight in here in the AMD sub forum is that if some one is here solely to stir things up or argue incessantly they need to go. Posting graphs or benches, be them true or not, from a Nvidia GPU in a thread about the performance of a single AMD GPU has no purpose other than to stir someone up so they can argue about the same tired subjects and get the thread closed, thereby limiting access to any information for those that wanted it.
 
or they start arguing about something completely different to the thread topic for pages and pages, like in the time spy thread...
 
Back
Top