28" Viewsonic LCD @ Newegg 649.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the deal that Costco was running but they ran out of stock on July 5th and they will probably not get it back in.

therefore there is no such deal for the 37W3, the prices for the 37W3 and this monitor as it stands are $650 for the VX2835WM and $999 for the 37W3, hence it's an apples to oranges comparison for size, functionality, AND price if you want to compare these monitors.

This is a great deal for a huge monitor, much better deal than the Dell 2707WFP and the Samsung 275T that it competes with.

therefore there is no such deal for the 37W3, the prices for the 37W3 and this monitor as it stands are $650 for the VX2835WM and $999 for the 37W3, hence it's an apples to oranges comparison for size, functionality, AND price if you want to compare these monitors.

This is a great deal for a huge monitor, much better deal than the Dell 2707WFP and the Samsung 275T that it competes with.

I assume that there's one sitting on the shelf at the costco on countryclub (arizona) drive in gilbert, arizona, RIGHT NOW. I was there last night, and saw it. It might have been a return via the web or something, but it was being represented as new.
If I had somewhere to put a 3RD one, I'd have bought it.

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=37623076&adcampaign=email,EWBBASE&WT.mc_id=EWBBASE
$675 refurb, btw.
http://www.megacameras.com/product/Westinghouse-LVM-37W3---37--1080p-LCD-Video-Monitor-13028.html
$799.98 new

OH, and that place has free shipping and no taxes on all orders over $100
free_shipping_no_tax.gif

Lastly, the westy has a better viewing angle (176) instead of the 160 degree angle of the VS

So, kiss my ass.

My westy37 has two digital inputs. Actually, it has 3.

2 DVI + 1 HDMI

It's also 1920 x 1080 (not 1200, so it's 16:9 not 16:10 )
It's also 37"

I can show you about 50 different monitors with dual digital inputs.

Oops.. just noticed DrewRosenHouse's post.

So, according to you....Which one is the PC monitor and which one is the TV monitor?

neither of them has a coax jack
neither of them has a TV tuner.
The Westy has a better contrast ratio, but probably a slower G2G time.

The Viewsonic isn't a TV
Neither is the Westy.

You'll notice, that on the Westy it says
37" 1080p MONITOR

it also says "External tuner required for TV Viewing"
The viewsonic would need an external tuner for TV viewing too.

SO..

VS = 1 Digital input (HDMI), 1 YPrPb Input, 1 PC-Vga Analog input, 1 Svideo input. 1920x1200, 800:1, 3Ms G2G, 5ms response time 28", $669
Westy = 2 Digital inputs (DVI), 1 Digital input (HDMI), 2 YPrPb Inputs, 1 PC Vga Input, 1 Svideo input, 1920x1080 (which is a real 16:9 resolution) 1000:1, 8ms response time (unknown G2G time) 37", $799

More inputs, more real estate, more contrast, less response time (go look at a 16ms response time screen then tell me how important 8ms vs 5ms is) and $130 more price.
With my Westy, I can plug in 3 computers (dvi, dvi, vga), a HD STB (hdmi), and 2 consoles (YPrPb x 2) and a DVD/VCR (Svideo) = 7 devices

With the VS, you could plug in A computer either digitally or analog, 1 Console, 1 DVD player, & One HD STB (on hdmi if you plugged the pc in via VGA, which would suck) , 4 Devices, and that'd only be if you are willing to accept your computer being plugged in @ 1920x1200 over VGA, if not.. you'd be at 3 devices, oh.. and 9" smaller, too.

Oh, and before you try to say I don't know what a "good" monitor looks like.. Just direct your eyes to my sig.

I would think that if you had two LCD's, one with a tuner, and one without a tuner (i.e. a TV and a Monitor) and they were both, say.. 30", and they both had the same screen resolution (1920x1200, for example) then the pixel sizes would be the same, no?

square Area / # of pixels = pixel size?

Or, do a 24" 1920x1080 screen and a 37" 1920x1080 screen have the same exact pixel size?

Does a 42" 1920x1080 westy have the same size pixels as a 37" 1920x1080 westy?

There is a trade off as you increase LCD size. Either you increase resolution, or you loose crispness. that's why the 30" dell @ 2560x1600 has such a sharp picture. It needs smaller pixels to do in 30" what other screens do in larger sizes.

Take it like this, you have a ski boat and fishing boat. They both are boats that go in the water, both have a motor, both have seats, both can tow a person, both you can fish on, and both have a stereo. Now are you going to tell me that the fishing boat and the ski boat are the same and are interchangeable since they have all the same features? No, you're not because you can see the clear distinction between the two and why they were made. You don't buy a fishing boat to go water skiing, and you don't buy a ski boat to go fishing. Its the same with these monitors, and Im sorry that you cannot see how they were designed and meant to be used. One was designed to be used as a tv with many inputs and many external devices hooked up, which is needed on a tv, and one was designed to be used as a pc screen, with some extra inputs in case you had something else you wanted to hook up but primarily used as a pc monitor. I don't know how else to put it to you besides the intent of the design is not what you think it is, sure you can interchange them just like the boats above but they were not designed that way. (Boats may have been a bad analogy but heh)

What exactly is the debate here? An LCD is an LCD. Drew has a right to complain about the lack of more than one digital input if that is what he would prefer while shopping. Yes, computer monitors exist with more than one digital input. And yes, the Westinghouse 37" is classified as a general monitor because it lacks a tuner or TV-specific inputs. It is very capable as an HDTV and PC monitor when hooked up to good equipment. The majority of people would consider an LCD such as the Westinghouse to be closer to a TV due to its HTDV resolution of 1920x1080, which is not a standard PC monitor resolution but IS a standard HDTV resolution.

munkle isn't trying to prove that all dual-digital input displays are TVs, he's just saying that you can't fault the Viewsonic 28" for only having one digital input when the majority of PC monitors on the market only have one DVI or HDMI port as well. Couple that with the fact that it is clearly a budget model with a TN panel, and therefore advanced features cannot be expected in such a package. Just because your 37" screen is better it doesn't mean that we should expect multiple digital inputs in budget LCDs.

Thanks, somewhat of what I was trying to say. The resolutions do show that they designed to fill different roles in the market, one as a tv and one as a pc monitor, they are interchangeable but not really meant to be, but it's a free world you can do what ever you want. Some people did show me some Pc monitors with dual dvi's and thank you for showing me monitors that have 2 of them. But as quoted above the majority of pc monitors only have 1.

I assume that there's one sitting on the shelf at the costco on countryclub (arizona) drive in gilbert, arizona, RIGHT NOW. I was there last night, and saw it. It might have been a return via the web or something, but it was being represented as new.

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=37623076&adcampaign=email,EWBBASE&WT.mc_id=EWBBASE
$675 refurb, btw.
http://www.megacameras.com/product/Westinghouse-LVM-37W3---37--1080p-LCD-Video-Monitor-13028.html
$799.98 new

free_shipping_no_tax.gif

Lastly, the westy has a better viewing angle (176) instead of the 160 degree angle of the VS

So, kiss my ass.

so they sell westerns for 675 ????

Take it like this, you have a ski boat and fishing boat. They both are boats that go in the water, both have a motor, both have seats, both can tow a person, both you can fish on, and both have a stereo.

Thanks, somewhat of what I was trying to say. The resolutions do show that they designed to fill different roles in the market, one as a tv and one as a pc monitor, they are interchangeable but not really meant to be, but it's a free world you can do what ever you want. Some people did show me some Pc monitors with dual dvi's and thank you for showing me monitors that have 2 of them. But as quoted above the majority of pc monitors only have 1.

What the hell does boats have to do with LCD? Are u stoned?

Considering this is a 28" $660 LCD, it is nothing like the "MAJORITY of pc monitors" it should have everything prepared.

$675 refurb, btw.
$799.98 new

free_shipping_no_tax.gif

I wouldn't touch eCost products with a ten foot pole after considering their fantastic resellerratings.

Megacameras doesn't even have resellerratings so that's even more shady.

The 16 extra degrees of viewing angle is good for ... I thought so.

Done and done.

CyberDeus-RagDoll is up to his old tricks.

This guy claimed to also be some mega rich business guy, who owns X amount of HDTV's, he owns so many, some of them he just took to the office to have around.

Oh, and an LCD is an LCD to him. Doesn't matter brand, they are all the same. So buying some crap special at KMart for $399 is the same as buying the same sized LCD that is a name brand. Why? Well, most use the same panels(the guts, that are completely different, somehow do not matter).

He will argue with you until the thread is locked. He will zing out great ones like 'so kiss my ass'(like he already has).

Grow up already you gigantic sack of tools.

Take it like this, you have a ski boat and fishing boat.
Your analogy sucks, and is not valid.

Both the VS and the Westy are High Def, LCD Monitors
Both have ~2 Mpixel display
One is larger than the other.

We aren't comparing a 37" LCD and a 4" CRT.

The westy versus VS is like comparing two Volkswagen Jetta's
The 28" is the jetta 2.0slo GL with cloth, am/fm radio, and no sun roof that seats 5 (3 comfortably)
The 37" Westy is the wagon that SEATS MORE PEOPLE, has leather, a sun roof, 6 Disk Monsoon/mp3 Player, keyless entry, that seats 7 (5 comfortably)

Using your boat analogy, the westinghouse is the 37' twinengined evinrude fishing boat with a galley, head, and seating for 6 and the VS the 28' stripped down shell with ONE seat, but no head, or galley, so you'll have to piss over the side.

freddy418 said:
Megacameras doesn't even have resellerratings so that's even more shady.

Just because their customers don't post about them makes them shady? WTF? They've been open for 3 years. Most people only post to complain.

So, what.. all companies are con artists until someone steps up to defend them? Is that how it works now? You should join the BBB, their logic is the same. (Btw, my point is the BBB is a scam - you pay profusely for their logo, but they couldn't care LESS about the quality of your company. I jokingly told the BBB when they solicited me that I was filing for bankruptcy, had a class action lawsuit against me, and a pending drug trial, and they said that if I became a member, they could help with that - mind you, none of that stuff was true)

SX2233 said:
What the hell does boats have to do with LCD? Are u stoned?
Exactly

One is a 28" LCD Monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution, and too few interfaces
One is a 37" LCD with 1920x1080 resolution, and quite a few interfaces.

munkle said:
One was designed to be used as a tv with many inputs and many external devices hooked up, which is needed on a tv, and one was designed to be used as a pc screen
SO.. tell me which one was designed to be used with a PC, and which one was designed to be used with a TV

We've got one product, which DOES NOT HAVE A CONNECTION for a highresolution PC. Oh, wait, it's got analog VGA, not DVI, like it should.

and we've got the other one, with not one, but TWO DVI plugs.

Which one was designed with a PC in mind?

or

We've got a device that has, for it's only HIGH RESOLUTION, DIGITAL connection, an HDMI plug. HDMI ==== TELEVISION VIEWING

versus

the device with 3 different computer inputs?

Neither of them are a TV
but the viewsonic would be BETTER used as a TV, than as a PC monitor, cause it's got HDMI, but no DVI

1920x1080, 37", $799, 7? inputs, 3 of which are computer friendly. Superior contrast, superior viewing angle, superior size, inferior response time

1920x1200, 28", $649, 4? inputs, 1 of which is computer friendly. (Who runs 1920x1200 over analog??) Sure, it's got a DVI->HDMI cable in the box, but that's not a straight dvi plug, so I discount it as a "PC interface" You can plug a PC in via svideo, too.. Does that make Svideo a PC interface? If it does, then add one more connection to the westy as well.

If the westinghouse was meant to be a tv, WHERE IS THE FUCKING TUNER?

himmy said:
This guy claimed to also be some mega rich business guy, who owns X amount of HDTV's, he owns so many, some of them he just took to the office to have around.
How is this relevant to the point of this thread? Besides, you have offered no evidence to show that I am not what I say I am. Technically, I no longer own so many large LCDs, (Just the ones in my sig) as I have sold the repair, service, programming, & animation studios to competitors (in the past month), and that equipment went along with them. The only thing I've kept (post moving to phoenix) is the hosting & design companies. we've got some LCD's in that facility, but for webdesign (photoshop based..), I have quite a few CRT's left on the desks of my designers.

himmy said:
Oh, and an LCD is an LCD to him. Doesn't matter brand, they are all the same. So buying some crap special at KMart for $399 is the same as buying the same sized LCD that is a name brand. Why? Well, most use the same panels(the guts, that are completely different, somehow do not matter).

I suppose you are talking about the time when I compared the dell 3007FPW to the Apple30" cinema display and said you'd have to be an idiot to buy the apple cause it's the same damn screen? Have you actually seen these screens side by side? I have. We even went so far as to cover the bezels to see if anyone could tell the difference.

bunun said:
so they sell westerns for 675 ????

Huh? It's "Westy" which is short for westinghouse..To answer your question, yes, they do, but they are refurbs. My link was not a praise of eCOST, just a reference. My other link was not a praise of "megacameras" just a reference.

I trust compusa far less than ecost OR megacameras. I'd rather deal with a company I know hasn't ever tried to screw me (i've bought hundreds of items from ecost, without a hitch) or from a company that I've never even heard of before I'd give compusa a single cent.

I suppose you are talking about the time when I compared the dell 3007FPW to the Apple30" cinema display and said you'd have to be an idiot to buy the apple cause it's the same damn screen? Have you actually seen these screens side by side? I have. We even went so far as to cover the bezels to see if anyone could tell the difference.

Nope. See, that is the problem, all you do is argue and spread your drivel as much as you can.

it was a crap cheap brand that was a 'rebadged Polaroid since they use the same screen!!!!'

Pointing out the guts were completely different just seemed to get your e-penis even harder.

Oh, since you can't disprove it, I am Bill Gates, so I am richer than you. Also, I lift weights, and my e-penis is at least 95 feet long.

Gotta go sweet cheeks, my wife, the former Heidi Klum, is here to suck me off long time.

Nope. See, that is the problem, all you do is argue and spread your drivel as much as you can.

it was a crap cheap brand that was a 'rebadged Polaroid since they use the same screen!!!!'

Pointing out the guts were completely different just seemed to get your e-penis even harder.

Oh, since you can't disprove it, I am Bill Gates, so I am richer than you. Also, I lift weights, and my e-penis is at least 95 feet long.

Gotta go sweet cheeks, my wife, the former Heidi Klum, is here to suck me off long time.

Didn't you just disprove yourself? Bill gates is married to Melinda Gates. Heidi Klum, I think, is with Seal. and bill gates doesn't work out much.

There are a lot of people on here with more money than me :) (I know of 3, personally) How many of them were homeless (briefly) in the early 90s?
I've also met bill (and monkey boy ballmer) and I don't think either of them has 95 feet of e-peen

Your analogy sucks, and is not valid.

Both the VS and the Westy are High Def, LCD Monitors
Both have ~2 Mpixel display
One is larger than the other.

We aren't comparing a 37" LCD and a 4" CRT.

The westy versus VS is like comparing two Volkswagen Jetta's
The 28" is the jetta 2.0slo GL with cloth, am/fm radio, and no sun roof that seats 5 (3 comfortably)
The 37" Westy is the wagon that SEATS MORE PEOPLE, has leather, a sun roof, 6 Disk Monsoon/mp3 Player, keyless entry, that seats 7 (5 comfortably)

Using your boat analogy, the westinghouse is the 37' twinengined evinrude fishing boat with a galley, head, and seating for 6 and the VS the 28' stripped down shell with ONE seat, but no head, or galley, so you'll have to piss over the side.

One is a 28" LCD Monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution, and too few interfaces
One is a 37" LCD with 1920x1080 resolution, and quite a few interfaces.

SO.. tell me which one was designed to be used with a PC, and which one was designed to be used with a TV

We've got one product, which DOES NOT HAVE A CONNECTION for a highresolution PC. Oh, wait, it's got analog VGA, not DVI, like it should.

and we've got the other one, with not one, but TWO DVI plugs.

Which one was designed with a PC in mind?

or

We've got a device that has, for it's only HIGH RESOLUTION, DIGITAL connection, an HDMI plug. HDMI ==== TELEVISION VIEWING

versus

the device with 3 different computer inputs?

Neither of them are a TV
but the viewsonic would be BETTER used as a TV, than as a PC monitor, cause it's got HDMI, but no DVI

1920x1080, 37", $799, 7? inputs, 3 of which are computer friendly. Superior contrast, superior viewing angle, superior size, inferior response time

1920x1200, 28", $649, 4? inputs, 1 of which is computer friendly. (Who runs 1920x1200 over analog??) Sure, it's got a DVI->HDMI cable in the box, but that's not a straight dvi plug, so I discount it as a "PC interface" You can plug a PC in via svideo, too.. Does that make Svideo a PC interface? If it does, then add one more connection to the westy as well.

If the westinghouse was meant to be a tv, WHERE IS THE FUCKING TUNER?

I did say after the analogy it was a bad one if you read the entirety of my post, but it is valid, its just not the best one. No point arguing with you because you have no concept of designing an item to fill a specific role. If you don't think a hdmi to dvi cable counts as an interface for a pc you got problems dude. HDMI = DVI + SOUND with a different end, I dont think thats hard to understand. Guess what? 1200P would be the resolution on the 28" that is not a standard HD tv resolution, even more suggesting its meant to be a pc monitor. Im done arguing with you, I know for sure you'll come back and call me stupid for saying this is a PC monitor and that the Westy is Tv monitor, then go off on some rant how DVI isn't HDMI (not fully the same hdmi is dvi + sound, but fully compatible with dvi). So think whatever you want, and buy whatever you want, its a free world and I am choosing not to argue with people over the internet that I don't even know anymore. Have a great day! Thank you for visiting the [H]ard Forum.

The 630 is only after a 50 rebate, and I haven't heard terribly good things about CompUSA and rebates...

So would you not suggest this route? Would you suggest going through newegg and paying the premium? (I am not sure about rebates and such)

With the most recent review on Newegg about the screen "staying blue when in power saver mode and not turning off", I will hold out on this deal.

i leave my pc on, and turn my monitor off, that wont affect me at all. im ordering tomorrow

So would you not suggest this route? Would you suggest going through newegg and paying the premium? (I am not sure about rebates and such)

You'd really be better buying this at a brick and mortar store like CompUSA actually. Neweggs policy on monitors is bad if you get one with dead pixels (basically your SOL). At least if you buy it at CompUSA and it has a couple of dead pixels you can take it back. Don't get me wrong - I really like newegg on anything except monitors. "There must be a minimum of 8 dead pixels to declare an LCD display defective and eligible for return." scares me though. My luck would be to buy this and have 5 dead pixels and Viewsonic would probably have the same dead pixel policy. :eek:

you do know there is a lcd section for you guys to debate this. really can you stfu before this thread is locked.

So does that Westy look just as good as this viewsonic?? Or does it look like a regular HDTV?

It's hard to compare a 28" and a 37" . It's even harder to compare them when I haven't seen the 28"

Here would be my statement

I have the 30" dell that's 2560x1600. For fine detail work, because of it's signifigantly higher pixel count, it is preferable. However for test-bedding my design work, the westy is the clear winner for playback purposes.

My daily usage (photoshop, web, gaming, HD-DVD watching, adobe premiere, coding) is on the westinghouse. It's my preferred display because, even though it's half as many pixels, (so, technically, half as crisp of a picture) it's larger real-estate makes it more enjoyable to use. It also has a superior contrast ratio to the Viewsonic (but equal to that of the dell) so the blacks are blacker, and the whites are whiter, especially at the same time.

This "window" I am looking at right now is almost completely jet black (around the text entry) with the EVER so slight bit of whiteness to it (98% grey, 2% white) but the white box is pure white.

Sharpness increases exponentially as screen size shrinks. That's why a TV show in analog from the 1950s looks MUCH better on a 13" CRT than on a 65" DLP or LCD or Plasma, because the larger screens, even though they have "more resolution" (1080 lines versus ~400 lines for standard analog) they also show all the flaws in the footage.

If you were to put the 1920x1200, 28" screen next to the 37" 1920x1080 screen, you'd think the 28" screen was crisper solely because it's not going to let you see as much "error" in the video/picture as you would otherwise.

To recreate this effect. Find an image that looks great on your CURRENT screen at 100% zoom, now, zoom to 125% in your favorite video editing software. Notice the increase in jagginess (even if it's slight?) Well, that's the trade-off you get with a larger screen. Someone 3 feet from a 17" screen that does 1600x1200, a 30" screen @ 1600x1200 and a 72 screen @ 1600x1200 will SWEAR that the image looks sharpest on the 17" screen.

The purpose of the westy is (and I have two hooked up to this main system) that I can work at 2 foot range and have a massive image file in photoshop positioned so that I can see all of it, yet, still be able to discern the detail.
What I mean by that is.. if you open, say, a 12 megapixel image from a digital camera (4096x3072 pixels) and your monitor only supports, say, 1600x1200, to see the "entire image" you'll have to show it at 33% zoom or whatever. By doing that, you lose the ability to see all the detail, cause the pixels are too small, or are being omitted by the screen / video card driver / application.

I can show that same image at 33% zoom, but it's 30 inches wide, so I can see the pixels "better"

Would I like a 37" screen with the 2560x1600 resolution of my dell? HELL yes. But, I can, with the westy, also lean back in my chair (and at times, it's preferable) and still work. The 30" dell, for example, for any PRACTICAL work usability, is no good for anything more than 2-3 feet for "serious" usage, because, the resolution is so high. The usable field of vision with the viewsonic, realistically, for any "graphics work" is no more than that same 3 feet (it'll be greater than that of the dell, because of the lower resolution)

I can use windows from BED (my main rig and westies are now in my new house in phoenix) at a distance of 10 feet, and do photoshop work. It'd be IMPOSSIBLE to do so with the dell, or the viewsonic. Surfing, Watching a HDDVD, or playing an FPS Game @ 10 feet.. 12 feet.. and even 15 feet is enjoyable.

None of these, on the dell, would be enjoyable at that distance. I can only assume the same would be true of the viewsonic. As I said, I have not SEEN the viewsonic in person, and am only guesstimating it by "averaging" it out between the previously mentioned (by someone else) 27" dell and the higher res & larger 30" dell.

To make it simpler

The higher the resolution you set a screen to, the closer you need to be.
Take any resolution you like, and keep that constant, and the only way to increase the distance from glass to nose is by increasing screen size.

1920x1200 and 1920x1080 are "practically" the same thing, so, you can do on a 37" the same that you can do on a 28", but you can also do it from further away. The ~10% difference in pixel total 2304000 / 2073600 is overcome by the 32% increased screen size (37" / 28")

My only justification / acceptability for the VS would be

1) You just can't swing the extra $150-$200
2) You don't have the extra 9" of desk space
3) You really want to stick your nose on your monitor anyhow.
4) You have no need to plug a straight DVI into the thing
5) You really don't care about being able to plug anything other than one device, realistically, into it.

remember, the Westy is 25% more contrasty (1000:1 vs 800:1), 10% brighter (550 vs 500)
32% larger, 23% more expensive, ~10% fewer pixels, has a 10% better viewing angle ( 176 vs 160, functionally, you can see it from it's direct side as it's mounted to a wall) and takes 60% longer to respond..(8ms vs 5ms) although, that 8ms vs 5ms makes no real world difference, cause YOU can't tell the difference!

With all my pimping of the westy, you'll find it hard to believe, but I've ALREADY RECOMMENDED this screen to a family member! (The viewsonic..) But that's because he *was* looking at a $550, 24" screen, and because he intends to use his "monitor" as ONLY a monitor, AND he already has a 47" LCD HDTV, so, this will work out fine FOR HIM. (He also won't be running 1920x1200...because his video card is suckage. It will support lower resolutions without looking like total crap.

If you can accept ALL of the shortcomings of the viewsonic (smaller, less inputs, known hardware issues that the manufacturer apparantley doesn't give a shit about, dimmer, less contrast, etc.. ) then by all means, buy it. My uncle wouldn't know the difference between this 28" VS and the 27" dell or samsungs which are superior to it (and reflect that in the price), cause for him, size = quality. If he HAD the space for the westy on his desk (and could swing the extra $150-$200 - remember, i'm already pushing him $100+ past his previous budget) he would buy it.

From 2 feet away, my dell looks better.
From 3+ feet away, the westy looks better.

^ all I can say after reading that is WOW, great job there! so, do you know how a 360 looks on the westy?

^ all I can say after reading that is WOW, great job there! so, do you know how a 360 looks on the westy?

Fabulous. For a 360. (I say that, because I've been told that the 360's image quality is not as high as that of the PS3? - please don't start a flame war over that comment) I'm not a crazy consoler, so, I can't tell you if it looks better on the westy than it would on any other machine. But, I thoroughly enjoy my 360, XBHDDVD, PS2, and PC on my westy's

The few games I do own for 360 that are "high res" (i.e not dancedancerevolution) look great to me.. the cavaet to that statement, however, is you have to realize the concept that I've never actually been satisfied with the image quality of any video game I've ever played. HL2 was supposed to be so revolutionary with all this extra detail, and you still have characters that look like a bunch of polygons put together. I'm waiting for FMV quality rendering. When I can't tell the difference between a REAL human captured with a video camera, and a video card RENDERED human in a game, then I'll be impressed. :)

That "dawn" demo (or ruby for that matter) for example, look like total crap to me on every monitor with which I've viewed them. (or the adrienne curry one, for that matter) I think when we can render 10+ megapixel images, we might be able to get "realism"

Of course, I am also the same guy who loves the detail of "La Grande Jatte" by seurat.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092028/
My favorite artist. Basically, the father of the pixel.
Read about him. Watch the movie. See the play if it ever tours your area. Become enlightened
Mandy Patinkin is in 2 of my top 10 favorite films.

CyberDeus-RagDoll I have to say you are a smart ass person lol, you sir know alot.. Damn that was some great information there, that was some Great reading thank you for all the information.

CyberDeus-RagDoll is up to his old tricks.

He will argue with you until the thread is locked. He will zing out great ones like 'so kiss my ass'(like he already has).

Grow up already you gigantic sack of tools.

Wow, you sound mature. I wonder if clicking the little "!" on your thoughtful, informative posts here will improve the content of this thread. ;)

As far as the 37westy vs this 28 veiwsonic debate, I'll say the westy is an option for those who want a big moniter and are willing to spend a bit more than the 28. The lower resolution can be an advantage in that it takes less vid card hoursepower to run it, while the resolution is "good enough" for most people's use. You'll have to decide for yourself where you are on that scale. I have the westy 37" as my main computer moniter now, and I like it, it's wonderful. For some, the cheaper price and higher resolution will mean that the veiwsonic suits them better.

So what the fuck is all this flaming for?:rolleyes:

CyberDeus-RagDoll I have to say you are a smart ass person lol, you sir know alot.. Damn that was some great information there, that was some Great reading thank you for all the information.

Thank you for the kind words, PCGG3

topcat989 said:
So what the fuck is all this flaming for?:rolleyes:
I tend to bring that out in people. I am strongly opinionated, (like steve and kyle) steve and I have argued profusely (and in pm, he has told me he appreciates my efforts) and people tend to dislike it when I backup my statements with evidence. I unfortunately, have never learned the skill of brevity, so, individuals such as himmy also tend to get annoyed when I exceed their attention spans. I will not deny that I can come off aggressive, arrogant, and maybe even seem like I'm full of shit to people who are ill-informed.

Perfect example of this is, when someone said "There's no Westy37 for $799" I provided a link to one.
Instead of saying.. "oops, I guess there IS a westy37 for 799" the response was "Oh, but that seller must suck!"

Or.. of course, we get boat analogies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back