270x vs 280x LTC Value Question

Mine sit at around 700kh when at 1030.


Are those with reference coolers? Mine is, and if I ran my fan at that % my neighbors would call the cops thinking I had set up a helipad.

Bosom said:
If you use multiple tools at the same time, polling the same device, it can cause issues.

Ya, I've had issues with incorrect readings when running multiple, different monitoring programs, but literally running ANY tool will cause this for me. I had nothing but afterburner up in that screenshot that would be monitoring hardware. I've never had gpu utilization issues running gpu-z and afterburner together before, let alone one at a time. I'm sure it has something to do with my setup, it's very unorthodox, the machine wasn't made with what I'm doing in mind. I had to dremel out the back of a physical 8x pcie slot to get the card in
 
Mine are the Gigabyte Windforce versions... barely make a sound, but no voltage control (even though the early review I read on it said that it would iirc)

Did you try opening a command prompt and running this command?

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I don't have any other ideas.
 
Mine are the Gigabyte Windforce versions... barely make a sound, but no voltage control (even though the early review I read on it said that it would iirc)

Did you try opening a command prompt and running this command?

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I don't have any other ideas.

Did you try the newer versions of afterburner yet? 2.3.1 is almost a year old now, they like to keep it in beta, and the newer beta can help with cards that should have their voltage unlocked.

And if you're referring to me with that second part, ya, that's part of my batch command I run everytime I start mining.

I'm not super concerned about it, I can set my fans to 55% and they'll be as quiet as the rest of my system and keep that card cool with some undervoltage for lower power. No need to keep afterburner running constantly, I just have it apply on startup and that's it. Just struck me as so weird, I've been using afterburner since early rivatuner versions wayyy back before unwinder worked for msi on it. Never had a single issue running it on any system till now...

Also, it's a server board, so after thinkign about it, it does have IPMI on it so I can log into a seperate IP address and shut it off, turn it on, console redirection, view temps, etc, but it doesn't monitor the gpu at all (as it wasn't exactly designed to use a GPU, hence no 16x pcie slots).
 
Mine are the Gigabyte Windforce versions... barely make a sound, but no voltage control (even though the early review I read on it said that it would iirc)

Did you try opening a command prompt and running this command?

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I don't have any other ideas.

Just re-flash the bios for voltage control. The 280x Windforace are locked at 1.2, I reflashed them to 1.075 :D and they draw ALOT less power!
 
Back
Top