2700X "Safe" Voltage

mda

2[H]4U
Hi All,

I have a 2700X with a Crosshair 7, and I'd like to check in if my voltages look fine for standard use.

While sitting at the Desktop immediately after boot (with some of the startup processes still running):

Ryzen Master tells me that the CPU voltage is 1.53-1.55V

CPU-Z 1.89 tells me that voltage is 1.406V

HWInfo w/ sensors only tells me that the voltage of each core is from 1.4-1.45V

My BIOS settings are stock EXCEPT for:

DOCP - On
CPU Voltage Offset - MINUS 0.1V
SOC Voltage Offset - MINUS 0.08V
PBO set to Enabled, not Scalar.

I know that PBO should still be within AMD limits, but having voltages of above 1.5V "feels" different especially since the last time I saw these was from the Core2Duo age.

Temps also seem to be within tolerable range (50-55C) running light tasks, as I have a Noctua U12S with 2 fans on it.

Do these values look okay?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Master doesn’t report voltage right when an offset is set. I have no idea why. 1.4v is fine when not running under full load.

Reactions: mda
like this
mda Your voltages are normal in idle.You can check out this video on some CPU offset voltage.

like this
Will watch that after work. Many thanks for the input!

A cpu can have a ton of voltage like 1.5v and be just fine at idle becaus there is no activiry thus no thermal load.

As you load the chip it should drop to 1.3 to 1.4x volts under load. Especially AMD, they like a little more power!

PBO will keep the CPU within design limits if all components are nominal i.e. VRM, chokes, etc...

like this
Back