27 inch 2560x1440 IPS monitor recommendation?

quiktake

Gawd
My Auria 27 incher died and I'm looking for a replacement. I know there are a lot of monitor threads, but I am finding hard to keep all the options straight in my head.

Requirements:
3(+) year warranty
2560x1440 IPS
glossy or semi-glossy (I have no lights behind me)
minimum DVI-D and HDMI (for PS3)
I'm casual gamer so good performance is preferred but not absolutely required
Headphone out (for PS3)

I am favoring the Dell U2713HM or Samsung 27" S27A850T as both are sold at Costco and I have 90 days for returns. Although I don't know if they have speakers/headphone out or not.

Any recommendations?

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
They do not have speakers, but they both have a headphone jack. The Dell has a USB 3.0 hub vs the 2.0 of the Samsung. Neither of these are glossy, but the light Matte finish. As far as warranty, probably give Dell the edge. One thing to keep in mind, the Samsung uses a power brick (it does mount to the back of the monitor), the Dell power supply is internal.

Last edited:
Is there any reason not to get the Dell? Is it going to be replaced by something better soon? I am curious about the new 4k or 144hz monitors that will be around the same price (although TN or 30hz at 4k due to data connection issues).

Dell has had a lot of QC issues with the panel, but the problems usually manifest immediately upon setup. However with Costco's return policy makes a return worry free. Check the U2713HM thread. Otherwise most people are generally happy with it.

Been using my Viewsonic VP2770 for my PS4 quite a bit lately. Works great and looks good. Has a 3.5mm out too.

i can highly recommended Asus PB278Q which i have been using it since last year .

Back