27" Glossy Screen 2560x1440

Hanns G HQ271HPG 27

I actually owned one for 5 days but returned it in favor of aoc u3477pqu (well, totally different price league).

Hanns G HQ271HPG 27 is a 100% glossy (actual lcd is behind hardened glass but apart from reflections it looks really good).

Pros:
Price is pretty much the same as korean monitors (~<300 Euros on European side of the pond with 36 months warranty)
2560x1440 60hz through HDMI
Actually quite decent response time with overdrive (it has on/ff setting for overdrive)
External power supply
Great colors (because its glossy and its IPS)

Cons:
quite big input lag (around ~40-48 ms, because its pretty much the same as my samsung TV in PC mode) but its only mildly annoying in multiplayer FPS and everywhere else I didnt feel it.
Very very slight reverse ghosting in very specific color transitions (I actually have never seen it in games but I was able to reproduce by dragging a window on desktop.
Some obscure menu meanings
No VESA mount and the stand is not adjustable in height
Edit: oh, and no overclocking can also be considered a con (tried it, failed usual tests even at 70 Hz) .

Last edited:
Personally, I would avoid Hanns-anything like the plague.

Out of the 3 screens I've purchased, 3 failed within a year of owning it. Only 1 seemed to last over a year.

(I RMA'd a failure and received a replacement and it died within a year, which is why I bought 3 screens but list 4 screens total above.)

A 75% failure rate within a year for a monitor is a horrible investment with a sample size of 4 screens.

Back