• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

27" 16:10?

aljosakav

n00b
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
45
Is on the market any good 27 inch IPS monitor with display format 16:10? I know that Dell offers good monitor U2711 but I really hate his 16:9. So I need good 27 inch monitor with 16:10 and ok response time for gaming (I play mostly sports games).
 
AFAIK, no.
It's either 26" (actually 25.5") or 30".I know the U2711 is 16:9, but the resolution is not a dreadful 1920x1080, but rather 2560x1440 - so you would get a higher resolution than even the 25.5" 16:10 panels offered (which was 1920x1200). But then again, it won't of course help much if vertical surface area is the more important rather than amount of pixels.
Just a thought.
 
from what i see i wouldn't hold my breath for 16:10 27 inch monitors.

Right now, I don't know of any. As stated above the current offerings are all 16:9 at either standard 1080p, or the nice panels seem to all be made by lg and repackaged by other companies like dell and run at 2560x1440.

Samsung has some new 27" monitors coming out in both 1080p and 2560x1440 variants made with their own panels but they are all 16:9.

I don't see it happening any time.

I hope that samsung moves up to the 30" market and matches the 16:10 spec common at this size.

No idea why 16:9 is so popular at 27" but 16:10 at 30".
 
Damn ... I really don't know why they don't do 27 inch in 16:10. I would like to buy 30 inch 16:10 but problem it cost too much and have too high power consumption. So 27 inch 16:10 would be good choice ...
 
The sizes being what they are is likely due to how LCDs are manufactured. The plants are tooled for specific substrate sizes. So while 27 inch 16:10 and 27 inch 16:9 share the same diagonal, the actual dimensions are completely different, and do not fit the same on a given substrate size.

So while a panel could be released, the cost to manufacture, and subsequent cost to sell, would likely be too high of a ratio to make it worth while to market.
 
Back
Top