• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2600PRO and Via chipsets?

griff30

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
7,740
Hey guys got my last AGP card (Sapphire 2600PRO) and cannot get ANY drivers to work with my MSI v series and AMD3600 X2. This is with latest VIA drivers and updated BIOS.
However, when I dropped the card into an older P4 2400mhz machine and ANY drivers work.
What gives? I thought an AMD machine would surely work with the card. Instead I get something akin to the Sound Blaster/VIA chipset fiasco.:mad:
Anyone with VIA chipsets having problems with ATI's latest AGP cards?
Maybe I'll wait till Nvidia puts out their latest and greatest AGP card. I will never do VIA again, that I assure you. Hopefully Nvidia does DX10.1 in their last along with purevideo.
 
Drivers don't have anything to do with your chipset. They are for your operating system.
 
If you look at the people who actually purchased this or other brand's 2600PRO AGP in Newegg, then you are sharing the pain of countless others of AGP driver issues.
 
The thing that puzzels me is that it works perfect in an Intel P4 machine....
 
Back
Top