Hi All,
I've built my new rig and am still dialing in some settings. I'm using Real Temp to monitor CPU temps for my 2600K and at idle the cores run about 30C and under most heavy loads it runs about 55C.
However, I was playing Rift last night and noticed that the top temperatue logged was 80C. That seems high to me and seems to be a bit of an abnormal spike. I'm using a stock cooler for the CPU and have since ordered a 212+ but I don't know how much that will help this 'peak' heat spike.
Any thoughts?
Also, I'm curious as to why my BIOS will tell me the chip is running at 60C idle while Real Temp says it is 30C idle. I've read this is not unusual to get a bad reading from BIOS, but I'm still curious
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
2 x XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III (SSD)
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W Modular PSU
Silverstone FT02B ATX Case
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM
I've built my new rig and am still dialing in some settings. I'm using Real Temp to monitor CPU temps for my 2600K and at idle the cores run about 30C and under most heavy loads it runs about 55C.
However, I was playing Rift last night and noticed that the top temperatue logged was 80C. That seems high to me and seems to be a bit of an abnormal spike. I'm using a stock cooler for the CPU and have since ordered a 212+ but I don't know how much that will help this 'peak' heat spike.
Any thoughts?
Also, I'm curious as to why my BIOS will tell me the chip is running at 60C idle while Real Temp says it is 30C idle. I've read this is not unusual to get a bad reading from BIOS, but I'm still curious
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
2 x XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III (SSD)
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W Modular PSU
Silverstone FT02B ATX Case
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM