• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2600k Power Consumption

Zontar

n00b
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
27
I'm still running an E6400. It's been long in the tooth for about two years now.

So, I'm thinking of moving to a 2600K machine now that it's out. I don't know if I have enough power though. I have a 1000w PSU, and want to run it with the chip overclocked at 4.4Ghz, SLI 570s, and 16GB DDR3-1600. Will the chip consume too much energy in this setup?
 
I'm still running an E6400. It's been long in the tooth for about two years now.

So, I'm thinking of moving to a 2600K machine now that it's out. I don't know if I have enough power though. I have a 1000w PSU, and want to run it with the chip overclocked at 4.4Ghz, SLI 570s, and 16GB DDR3-1600. Will the chip consume too much energy in this setup?

Not even close, you should be fine if your PSU is of any quality whatsoever.
 
From what I understand even my PCP&C 750w Silencer will have no issue running a 2600k with dual 6870s for my setup- so a quality 1k PSU should be fine for your purposes.
 
Back
Top