• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2600k Overclocking Questions

big_aug

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
2,189
Ok, so I read a lot of the guides.

System Specs:

Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Core i7 2600k
Hyper 212+
GTX460
8GB Gskill DDR3 1333


I decided to start at 4.5GHZ. The only setting I changed was the PLL Overvoltage. I disabled that. I ran Prime95 blend test, and it is still going at 12 hours.

Core 1 and 4 hit 68c, Core 2 hit 73c, and Core 3 hit 74c. The high temps were all hit at around 3:00 in the afternoon. Most of the time though, they were in the 55-65c range. The VID/Vcore is my question. Coretemp reports it at 1.37. Asus suite, CPUID, and HWMonitor all say 1.3-1.33 with it hitting 1.378 as a high on HWMonitor. It stays right around 1.32 for the majority of the time. It auto set to that as I'm in offset mode in the bios.

Is this VID fine? I don't really want to go any higher than 4.5GHZ right now. It seems like it is, but some people say 1.3 or 1.32 is the max you should go.
 
Last edited:
That's fine. It'll only run that high when it is loaded (assuming you didn't turn off EIST and C1E) so you'll be fine. Even 1.38 24/7 would be fine. Plenty of people running higher volts than that with no issues.
 
perfectly fine, voltages tend to fluctuate a bit, and since your constant core voltage is at 1.32V, that is pretty decent for 4.5GHz.
 
Back
Top