• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2600k Overclock causing flicker?

xAlex79

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
179
Built my new system

2600k - Stock (otherwise it flickers)
6990 @ 950/1450
Asrock extreme 6

Other than that I can OC stable at 4.8 easy, but it seems to break Crossfire?
 
Last edited:
I would recommend taking the overclock off of the GPU when trying to troubleshoot a CPU overclock.
 
I would recommend taking the overclock off of the GPU when trying to troubleshoot a CPU overclock.

Same deal with GPU stock and OCed CPU. The issue happens when the CPU is overclocked only.

Edit: So right now I rather run stock CPU and OCed GPU because that yields better performance anyway.
 
That's understandable. It does this regardless of how small the overclock is? I'm assuming you are just adjusting the multiplier.
 
I didnt try anything besides 4.8... And I adjust vcore on the cpu to 1.35v. Do you think it might have to do with the vcore modification?

I will try lessed OCs and give it a go see what happens.
 
Back
Top