2600K h20 cooling so far... pics

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Well I have built my basic water cooled loop and installed it on my sweet little I7-2600K.

The system consist of:
-Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
-Swiftech Apogee -GTz water block for 1155,56,1366,and 757 (mounted commando style using nylon washers and little teeny tiny nuts
-Swiftech water tank
-Thermaltake water cooling temperature and flow indicator
-Hoses from home depot (clear-vinyl)
-Hose clamps from various locations

I chose to do 3/8" line from pump to water block and 1/2" from water block to radiator to water tank. I did this to improve the velocity of cool water to the processor. The larger piping to the radiator is to facilitate more volume of hot water to reach the radiator faster so it can re-enter the high velocity part of the loop to feed the processor cooler water faster.

I used to build engines and fabricate really high end parts for D1GP and Formula D teams about 3 years ago in California. I just applied turbo and inter-cooling airflow theory to this setup. Trust me there is and will be IMPROVEMENT. I also plan to get water blocks for my 6970s (cost permitting later).

The pro speed is set at 4.4ghz using Asus Auto Tune feature for now. I will be manually overclocking in increments of 100-200mhz observing temps.After all I just got done building the water loop lol so give me some time.

Idle temps at 4.4ghz seem to hover around 79f-88f. This includes normal web surfing, non gaming, etc...

I have yet to see load temps go past 135f.

As you can see in the screen shot below I am running Intel Burn Test 2.5 and the temps were pretty much solid and not moving up as you see in the pic.

Anyways, im just sharing a basic $288.00 water cooling setup with the community in hopes that it might inspire someone to take the plunge into the deep end of active cooling.

Here is the best part............ I can watch a Blu-Ray, play a game, talk on Skype, etc... without hearing some massively loud blower fan running at high speed trying to keep my processor nice and chilled.

Here is the worst part..... I have freaking water flowing around about $1500.00 in circuitry! And my GPU is right in the path of destruction. I pray nothing happens lol!!!!!!

So%20far.PNG.jpg

IMG_0647.JPG

The temp on the bottom of the thermometer is the actual liquid temp flowing through the loop. The top is my alarm temp which I HAVE NOT programmed yet.
IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

Veru nice system :D

HAHA 196 views and one reply.

I was going to ask if anyone here actually cared to comment whether bad or good.

Thanks for the compliment. Its my first ever watercooled project. I posted it in the wrong forum anyways.

I like the cooling system but your not taxing it at 4.4GHz and overclocking is mostly related in Celsius temps.
Congrats on the nice build. :D

Sorry, but I just read your signature about bumping up to 4.8GHz. Heck you might get 5+ out of it!

Im taxing it now haha.... 4.95ghz for the last 4 days. I haven't updated my signature because this is not permanent. The heat is still really low due to the very efficient nature of water cooling.

And F or C doesnt matter. Convert it. Its all the measure of thermal energy. If I could I would use BTU or Kelvin since it would be even more acurate and pin point. I measure my temps also with a laser aimed Fluke Infrared thermometer but I cant get a good reading on the chip due to the waterblock in the way.

Back