2600K CPUVID Changing?

Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
903
I thought the "CPUVID" rating on CPU was Intel rated voltage based on what speeds the cpu is currently running at? I also read many of times that it can't be changed because it's just a suggested Vcore by intel programed into the chips, well mine will fluctuate, for example I'm at 4.5Ghz and 1.380v, when I look at my CPUVID with AIDA it will show 1.391v but if I change my voltage to 1.400v then I see a CPUVID of 1.421v with the same 4.5Ghz. How is that possible?
 
software voltage reports are not overly dependable, use your DMM if you have one and test on the board
 
It sounds like you are reading actual CPU voltage (maybe AIDA has it labeled wrong), not the Vid itself. Have you tried any other software? Check CPU-z at the same settings and see what it says for CPU voltage - my guess is it'll be the same as what AIDA is calling Vid.
 
Actually I have check and compared AIDA and CPU-Z and they both show the CPUVID the same. For example, right now I'm at 1.33v and both programs show that exactly and then show my CPUVID as 1.391v

Capture.png


Capture2.png


2.png
 
Last edited:
I just want to say I have the same board and the same results I used a diff mobo and it's just the way the mobo detects it. Maybe a bios update is needed?
 
Yeah, I don't see that it matters. Your actual voltage is showing as 1.33 with both programs, and that's all you really need to worry about. Vid doesn't really mean anything.
 
doesn't 'coretemp' report the hardcoded cpu voltage ID (VID).
i haven't had an intel chip since q6600. the VID for that chip was static. with all the chips after c2d/c2q using turbo, do they report a VID range rather than a static VID?
 
Back
Top