2600k Batch?

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got mine, it's a L045B021, which turns up no Google search results. Anyone have this batch?

I'm installing the system over the weekend. Just wondering what kind of clocks you guys have been getting.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: It's basically when and where the processor was made.

Different batches sometimes have slight differences in performance, and some say earlier=better. This is not always the case.

This is definitely not the case. I had quite a few 2600ks that I tested, they ranged from 4.2-5.0Ghz in OCs. It's the luck of the draw.

So far, there doesn't appear to be any batch differences (that I've heard of at least). Probably too early for any kind of statistical data like that to come out. And I'm not sure that it matters as much as it used to - how many different plants is Intel using now? Seems chipmaking technology may have improved enough that the variation isn't what it used to be.

L045B021 here. no idea what/where it came out of just yet (wasn't my ass, though)

Well I'll be sure to post my OC results after the weekend. Waiting for my damn case to arrive. Right now I'm at 4.0 ghz, wanted to test some stability first as a bench system while I wait for the case. The Noctua I have on the chip is effing HUGE btw if you haven't seen one in person. :D

If the trend continues the same way as the i7 920, the batch with the smallest last three digits OCs the best. So, in this case, your last three digits are: 021, meaning it's the closest to the center of the wafer during production, so it should OC the best. But so far, it's a mixed bag with the 2nd Gen processors.

I agree it's a mixed bag with SB. I haven't seen any correlation in batches that point toward a "golden batch" like the 920's.

sure batches aint 100 % percent sure . . . but they sure bring up you oc percentage
here's my L0LB705 ;) 24/7 low voltage passed linx 2 x 20 , if you wanna clock get a good batch
1-25-20119-14-48PM.png

sure batches aint 100 % percent sure . . . but they sure bring up you oc percentage
here's my L0LB705 ;) 24/7 low voltage passed linx 2 x 20 , if you wanna clock get a good batch
1-25-20119-14-48PM.png

Man, I want that CPU of yours! May we trade and I will add some $$?

Seriously, where did you get your CPU?

Last edited:
Man, I want that CPU of yours! May we trade and I will add some $$?

Seriously, where did you get your CPU?

Thanks dude .. cant sell love the temps ... how i got was watched all the first batches coming
Out from soon as i saw the L0LB705 batches i hit the button new egg bam i got lucky

Thanks dude .. cant sell love the temps ... how i got was watched all the first batches coming
Out from soon as i saw the L0LB705 batches i hit the button new egg bam i got lucky

Newegg don't actually list batch, do they?

No but i was here and extreme systems forums in that week .. and guys where just do amazing things with these batches ... but just keep a look out i hear another good batch comming

I have the same as op and I got 5.05ghz watercooled at 1.45 volts but it wasn't Rick solid. I was afraid to psh the envelope at 1.5 in fear of blowing a chip for the sake of useless edge performance overclocking.

My L045A998 primes at 4.5 ghz and 1.26-1.27v, temps top out at 65C (BIOS: 1.35v, no LLC), and (so far) fully game stable at 5 ghz and 1.390v (1.452 load, LLC). Prime temps are not safe enough to test more than one iteration (gets close to 90C); tried Ven-X and True Black...True Black is even hotter, and doesn't move at all so its not the mount. (The Ven-X does swivel if I try to move it, but temps are slightly better)

If my chip has the highest possible batch # (998) and can do 4.5 ghz at 1.27v, then I don't think batch # means anything whatsoever on these things....but maybe lower numbers give a better chance......

I have the same as op and I got 5.05ghz watercooled at 1.45 volts but it wasn't Rick solid. I was afraid to psh the envelope at 1.5 in fear of blowing a chip for the sake of useless edge performance overclocking.

your right 1.500 is degrationville stay away from there , Ive seen guys linpack at that and lower chips ability to run

I just got mine, it's a L045B021, which turns up no Google search results. Anyone have this batch?

I'm installing the system over the weekend. Just wondering what kind of clocks you guys have been getting.

i got your same batch from the egg, its in the US on a friends house will be 1 week and half to get to my country

did you already test it ?

cheers
Sergio

L045B021 here. no idea what/where it came out of just yet (wasn't my ass, though)

you have that batch sabregen ? i have the same but im not able to test it as its in USA still 2 weeks to my country, how is it you tested it ?

cheers
Sergio

Is there one vendor with a good overclocking batch of cpu's in general right now.. or hit or miss no matter where? Even my batch number shows up in some db's as going as high as 5.2, but of course, who knows on the volts.. i'd like to get a cpu like a had before with 5.0 at 1.41 and 4.8 at 1.37 (got rid of first cpu as i thought i had a general issue that may have affected it, big mistake getting rid of it, new cpu cant go above 4.6ghz without excessive volts)

Is there one vendor with a good overclocking batch of cpu's in general right now.. or hit or miss no matter where? Even my batch number shows up in some db's as going as high as 5.2, but of course, who knows on the volts.. i'd like to get a cpu like a had before with 5.0 at 1.41 and 4.8 at 1.37 (got rid of first cpu as i thought i had a general issue that may have affected it, big mistake getting rid of it, new cpu cant go above 4.6ghz without excessive volts)

I feel your loss. Very few people have obtained golden ones that can go high OC with low vcore...the rest of us are not so lucky.

This didnt really match my experience..

IE: from the list:

L046B106

# 2212: 5100 MHz
# 2331: 5227 MHz

Mine would only safely go to 4.6ghz.

However, i'm not sure what is meant by #? What part of the UPC is that? serial number last 4? then in my case its 2585, which dont match what has been tested on this one (or reported)

remember on a non intel board you need the pll overvoltage fix via a bios update

remember on a non intel board you need the pll overvoltage fix via a bios update

I hadnt read that.. i'm on b3 p8p67 deluxe 1305 (came with).. i've tried both pll on auto and enabled, in either case, to even go 1 hour safe at 4.8 i need a whopping 1.46 volts roughly (before on a previous chip, 1.375)..

So i'm hoping this new one coming from buy.com will be better.

that was a big issue in the oc world. Everyone was stuck at 4.8 then Summer the german smacked a 5.4 on a crappy intel board. Everyone was confused and wondered why intel had done it. But they made the settings available before hand. None of the manufacturers picked it up. Don't think intel will try and screw over the people who help sell their chips just to sell a extra couple of boards.
You got to remember its not always the cpu but you need a a grade mobo if you want to go far on it as well. If you go over to hwbot.org just click on the hardware then choose the 2600k cpu. If you click on it you will get a index of the avg overclock that was submitted as well as the mobos that was used. Me personally don't use anything but Gigabyte. Asus boards have long been toppled of the top and the serious overclockers were complaining as it looks Asus got their head into the lappy business than concentrating on making good boards OC boards.

L044A892 is my batch i7 2600k... I wont know how well it will OC till I get it in my hands though

Still all looks like a crap shoot luck of the draw to me. Every batch looked the same there for the most part.
I think things will change oce we get past the 'D2' stepping. Then... bring on the Ivy.

can't OC mine. waiting on RMA information from Newegg for my board (to get a B3 revision). mini-ITC Intel DH67CF here, no OC'ing on this board. Hopefully someone will release an OC'er soon, though.

anyone have a L046b028 #3309 or 3389 (cant tell if 8 or 0), that can comment on how it does?

anyone have a L046b028 #3309 or 3389 (cant tell if 8 or 0), that can comment on how it does?

Hitting 1.395 with all settings on extreme, llc to ultra, vram 350 at 48x (16 hours stable on prime95), 1.385 resulted in bsod 124:

UPDATE::

I'm 15 hours stable on prime95 blend so far, with offset mode

Right now, with full load i'm at 1.368 volts, with an ambient temp of 22-23C (72-74F) my max temp has been 84C on the h70 with stock fans, one of which i have a resistor on, though right now its at 78C.

Now, yesterday, i had manual settings and 1.395 going on, stable 14 hours, then around hour 16 i had a bsod 124.. so since then i put in these offset settings.. shall see if i survive 24 hours like this.. cant see how though, since the max volts are less than the 1.395 so far?

Is there a way using real temp or cpuz to see the voltages over time on a graph or listing?
Can offset be used at 5.0ghz.. ie: since LLC is set to regular in this case?

1305 bios, b3 deluxe
Here are my 4.8ghz settings:

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BCLK/PEG Freq: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: "48"
Internal PLL Overvoltage: auto
Memory Freq: 1600mhz

Dram Timing Control: your ram specs here
Load Line Calibration: Regular
VRM Frequency: auto
Phase Control: defaults (not extreme)
Duty Control: defaults