CrimandEvil
Dick with a heart of gold
- Joined
- Oct 22, 2003
- Messages
- 19,670
Are there any reviews out for this one yet? Does it overclock better then a 2500k?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I heard they accumulated all the CPUs with bad GPUs throughout the year and now they released the 2550k to get rid of excess stock. Unfortunately I don't remember the source right now but since I work in an IT environment at a very large company, I tend to hear a lot of info through the grape vine.
If these chips actually had good GPUs, why would they disable it? They are still charging a premium over the 2500k and IMO I think it would be more of an effort (labor) to disable it by laser or microcode then to just release it with the GPU enabled. The motherboard just handles the code to disable the GPU when a dedicated graphics card is present, so it should pose no advantage what so ever on overclocking.