• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2500k voltage jumping around?

Huskernation

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
436
Got a question. I am trying to get my cpu stable at 4.6. I set a fixed voltage of 1.38 and now i'm working my way down but I noticed if I set it at 1.36 for example both in the bios and cpuid it it still shows it jumping up into the 1.37 range. Anyone know why? The only things I changed for the overclock were the short duration power limit to 180 and the long to 140 then changed multi and voltages. I left everything else as is. I did not mess with c state or anything like that. Thanks. By the way I got a blue screen when I went down to 1.35v does that seem normal for 4.6?
 
Update, I enabled "internal pll overvoltage" and can pass intel burn test at 1.35 but it fails at 1.345 bsod. Before doing this manual ocing I just set the turbo mode to 4.4 without changing anything.. I noticed in cpuz that when idle it would drop volts to around 1.05 or something like that. Now that I have a fixed voltage at 1.35 it stays there even at idle. Is there any harm in this? When I tried to just set the auto oc to 4.6 it failed.
 
Back
Top