• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2500K & P8P67-M Pro - Overclock dropping?

rUmX

Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
1,019
So I was able to get my 2500K to 4.5ghz (45x). 1.38v. Running IBT after a few minutes the clock speed would drop back to stock (3.3ghz) and it would remain that way until I reboot.

Any ideas?
 
Are you sure? The Asus rep says to leave Speed Step on for better OC stability.
 
I've been running Prime95 "Small FFTs" for the past 20 minutes and my clock speed didn't drop. Interesting...
 
speed step would only kick in when your not using the cpu %100.

when it drops, what is your CPU usage?

if your not using %100 of your cpu or like alot on one or 2 cores, the speed automatically drops to a slower speed, when you need more cpu, the speed goes back up.
 
Ok I dropped the multiplier to 44x (4.4ghz) and now the OC doesn't drop anymore. I guess I'll leave it at this since I don't want to go higher than 1.38v for 24/7.
 
Did you check your temps?
Have you updated your BIOS?

That sounds either like throttling, a BIOS bug, or PROCHOT......
 
Did you check your temps?
Have you updated your BIOS?

That sounds either like throttling, a BIOS bug, or PROCHOT......

Probably. I'm going to wait for a new BIOS before I draw any conclusions. There seems to be some throttling I assume. Based on the tests I have done, my 2500K @ 4.5ghz is giving me slightly SLOWER performance than my i5 750 @ 4ghz.

My temps are looking decent. Here is temps during SMP Folding.

2500k.jpg
 
Back
Top