I decided to see how far my i5 would go, while I wait for RMA return of my video card. I've had it 4.5Ghz since installing my heatsink in may. So far I have her going at 4.8Ghz, stable for 4hrs of Prime95 small FFTs and 12hrs Prime95 blend. This is with Vcore at 1.35. Other system specs are
Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
Kingston HyperX 2x4gb 1333 (OCd to 1600 and 1.525v)
Thermalright HR-02 Macho
Antec HCG 750W
OCZ Agility3 60gb OS Drive
My only concern at this speed is my temps. I'm not sure I want to push any further because I had a tmax of 76C (Core temps 71,76,73,72) both on Core temp and HWInfo. My 670 came in today while I was actually messing with my PC, so I stuck it in and played Dirt 3 for 2 hrs at that speed and temps never got to 50C, pretty much averaging 44C. You guys think I should keep going?
Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
Kingston HyperX 2x4gb 1333 (OCd to 1600 and 1.525v)
Thermalright HR-02 Macho
Antec HCG 750W
OCZ Agility3 60gb OS Drive
My only concern at this speed is my temps. I'm not sure I want to push any further because I had a tmax of 76C (Core temps 71,76,73,72) both on Core temp and HWInfo. My 670 came in today while I was actually messing with my PC, so I stuck it in and played Dirt 3 for 2 hrs at that speed and temps never got to 50C, pretty much averaging 44C. You guys think I should keep going?