• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2500k overclock degradation?

cambrian

Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
649
My 3-week old 2500K is already degrading. I could run it at 4.5ghz at 1.272 Vcore, PLL enabled, LLC enabled.

One day, the system BSOD on windows boot. Troubleshoot everything else and narrowed it down to the CPU vs my P8P67-M Pro. Now I have to increase the voltage by 0.02 V and it wouldn't even do pass 30 cycles of Linx last night. The same system used to be Linx stable past 100 cycles at lower voltage.

So what gives? Is LLC destroying my chip or my motherboard? The weird thing is I have an extra P8P67-M Pro lying around and it could do the exact settings that my old motherboard used to do. I didn't know motherboards are also susceptible to voltage degradation. Regardless, can it happen that fast? In a system that's well cooled?
 
No one knows how sensitive the K CPU's are to increased wattage. Personally I would wait a while before overclocking these, Intel may be gtting the last laugh. I mean doesn't a $200 unlocked cpu raise anyone's eyebrows?
 
Won't people just RMA them and get a new one to try again? I don't think Intel will be laughing very much. Unless they can prove you overclocked it out of the warranty.
 
was the temperature in your room any different? I know here in Ohio we had an 80 degree day today and it snowed last week.
 
Back
Top