Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I was lucky enough to grab the Micro Center special, so I got a 2500k and P8P67 Pro for $170 and $160 respectively. The HT is the primary reason to get the 2600k IMHO. The slight loss in stock clocks and 2MB of cache won't hurt the 2500k much except in very limited circumstances. The HT helps the 2600k a lot, but only on rendering, encoding, and compiling. Other than that, the HT sometimes hurts performance or doesn't help at all. For games, it doesn't matter and likely won't for the lifetime of this processor. Picking a 2500k up for nearly half the price of Neweggs 2600k price doesn't hurt either.
I have a 1080P TV I use as a monitor...most people would say all you need is a GTX 460 for that. However, I'm running dual GTX 570. This ensures 60fps in 95% of games, and stellar performance in games like Crysis and Metro (maxed, and getting 45-50fps).