$2500...which company should get it?

My question is what would you build if you had $2500.00 and who would you have build it?

I know you can build it yourself( but I'm not in General Hardware :D) but I like the idea of a warranty and the lifetime technical support most boutiques offer these days. This is especially appealing to someone like me who has never put a rig together and is scared pantsless by the prospect. So please put yourself into my shoes(complete noob) when you answer the question.

The last time I looked at computers was in ancient times...around 2008. Way back then there was no such thing as i7 or 5870's or Fermi or Windows 7. Back then Apevia PSU's were detested and spat upon: has that changed? DDR3 RAM was way too expensive and didn't pass the bang for buck test but now it's looking as cheap as DDR2 was back then. Basically in today's world of computer hard/soft ware, I am a bit out of touch.

With that in mind, I want to build some rigs through the following sites but I'm having a tough time knowing what needs what, what's good now that wasn't then and what's new.

Here are the companies I am looking at:
- CyberPower PC
- Maingear
- Digital Storm
- Velocity Micro
- IBuyPower
- Vigor
- AVA Direct
- Alienware
- ++++++++
- Puget

So, what would you build for $2500 and how would you rate the companies above? Are there any companies I am missing?

The only ones I'd consider would be Maingear,Puget,and Max Force. The others are either overpriced or unreliable. I bought the system in my sig a year ago from Max for $2000,overclocking and shipping included.

So here is a quick rig I put together through AVA.
It comes in just below $2500 w/out shipping.

CUSTOM GAMING PC Core™ i7 X58 SLI® / CrossFireX™ Gaming System $2459.77 UPDATE $2459.77

* INTEL Core™ i7-920 Quad-Core 2.66GHz, LGA1366, 4.8 GT/s QPI, 8MB L3 Cache, 45nm, 130W, EM64T EIST VT XD, Retail
* XIGMATEK H.D.T. Balder SD1283 CPU Fan/Heatsink, Socket 775/1156/1366/754/939/940/AM2/AM3, Aluminum, Retail
* ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 High-Performance Thermal Compound, Electrically Non-Conductive
* SERVICE Mild Overclocking, 10-20% Performance Increase
* GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5, LGA1366, Intel® X58, 6400 MT/s QPI, DDR3-2000 24GB /6, PCIe x16 SLI CF /3, SATA 3 Gb/s RAID 5 /10, HDA, GbLAN /2, FW /3, ATX, Retail
* CRUCIAL 6GB (3 x 2GB) PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz CL9 1.5V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
* XFX Radeon™ HD 5870 850MHz, 1GB GDDR5 4800MHz, PCIe x16 CrossFire, DVI /2, HDMI, Retail
* HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR-1600 MC-Kit TV/FM Tuner, NSTC/ATSC/QAM, MCE Remote, PCI, Retail
* WESTERN DIGITAL 640GB WD Caviar® SE16 (WD6400AAKS), SATA 3 Gb/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
* RAID No RAID, Independent HDD Drives
* SONY AD-7241S Black 24x DVD±R/RW Dual-Layer Burner w/ Lightscribe, SATA, OEM
* NZXT Apollo Orange NP Mid-Tower Case w/ Window, ATX, No PSU, SECC Steel
* COMPUTER ACCESSORY Universal Acoustic Foam
* CASE FAN LED Fans Maximum Package, UV
* CUSTOM WIRING Standard Wiring with Round Cables
* CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX HX Series Power Supply w/ Modular Cables, 1000W, 80 PLUS®, 24-pin ATX12V EPS12V, Multi-GPU Ready
* MICROSOFT Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition, OEM
* SERVICE OEM System Recovery (both secure HDD partition and bootable CD/DVD)
* SERVICE System Binder
* CUSTOM GAMING PC Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty)
* SERVICE Standard Shipping (UPS, DHL, or Fedex)

Is there anything wrong with those components? Any cheaper options? Any better options?

For a $2500 budget, no way in hell could you NOT be able to fit a SSD.

You can defintily go cheaper on the mobo and PSU: Both are overkill.

Drop the PSU down to the 750TX, 750HX, 850TX or 950TX.

Mobo wise, see if Avadirect has this mobo:
$210 - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 ATX Motherboard

Oh Apevia PSUs are still pieces of shit.

I read about 6-8 months ago bad bad things about AVA from here. You may want to wait for others to explain their issues or problems unless they were finally sorted out. I would do a search and see on the AVA one.

The more you spend on prebuilts the more money gets wasted. At the budget build zone there isn't a gigantic difference between build your own and prebuilt computers. However the more money you want to spend the bigger the gap grows.

I don't' know any of the above companies so i can't help you there. Another option to consider is finding a local individual that can build and maintain the computer. There should be someone localy that will provide the goodness of custom. While providing you a much better in person customer service the any big company. In the event you have a couple little problems, he or she should be happy to help you; while sending it off to some big company would be a big hassle and take more time.

P.S with that type of budget he/she might be welling to watch him/she build the machine. So next time you might not be as sacred to do it yourself. Personally i love watching the parts come in, and putting the system together (when its my own).

Pre-built systems are good for basic systems. When you wanna drop $2k+ on a gaming system, you should only go with a boutique if you don't know how or have the time to build your own system. Most companies use the same parts you can buy for gaming rigs, and the markup is incredible.

A looked at that the price gorging is incredible, i would NOT pay 2500 for that. This is better in specs, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.354301 and even has an $800 case
So here is a quick rig I put together through AVA.
It comes in just below $2500 w/out shipping.

CUSTOM GAMING PC Core™ i7 X58 SLI® / CrossFireX™ Gaming System $2459.77 UPDATE $2459.77

* INTEL Core™ i7-920 Quad-Core 2.66GHz, LGA1366, 4.8 GT/s QPI, 8MB L3 Cache, 45nm, 130W, EM64T EIST VT XD, Retail
* XIGMATEK H.D.T. Balder SD1283 CPU Fan/Heatsink, Socket 775/1156/1366/754/939/940/AM2/AM3, Aluminum, Retail
* ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 High-Performance Thermal Compound, Electrically Non-Conductive
* SERVICE Mild Overclocking, 10-20% Performance Increase
* GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5, LGA1366, Intel® X58, 6400 MT/s QPI, DDR3-2000 24GB /6, PCIe x16 SLI CF /3, SATA 3 Gb/s RAID 5 /10, HDA, GbLAN /2, FW /3, ATX, Retail
* CRUCIAL 6GB (3 x 2GB) PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz CL9 1.5V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
* XFX Radeon™ HD 5870 850MHz, 1GB GDDR5 4800MHz, PCIe x16 CrossFire, DVI /2, HDMI, Retail
* HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR-1600 MC-Kit TV/FM Tuner, NSTC/ATSC/QAM, MCE Remote, PCI, Retail
* WESTERN DIGITAL 640GB WD Caviar® SE16 (WD6400AAKS), SATA 3 Gb/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
* RAID No RAID, Independent HDD Drives
* NZXT Apollo Orange NP Mid-Tower Case w/ Window, ATX, No PSU, SECC Steel
* COMPUTER ACCESSORY Universal Acoustic Foam
* CASE FAN LED Fans Maximum Package, UV
* CUSTOM WIRING Standard Wiring with Round Cables
* CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX HX Series Power Supply w/ Modular Cables, 1000W, 80 PLUS®, 24-pin ATX12V EPS12V, Multi-GPU Ready
* MICROSOFT Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition, OEM
* SERVICE OEM System Recovery (both secure HDD partition and bootable CD/DVD)
* SERVICE System Binder
* CUSTOM GAMING PC Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty)
* SERVICE Standard Shipping (UPS, DHL, or Fedex)

Is there anything wrong with those components? Any cheaper options? Any better options?

A looked at that the price gorging is incredible, i would NOT pay 2500 for that. This is better in specs, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.354301 and even has an $800 case

But has a substantially shittier PSU. Not to mention that the 2TB drive would be slower than the 640GB drive. Also, the OP would still have to put together the PC. The OP is looking for a prebuilt option.

If he wanted to do a DIY setup, we could definitely come up with a significantly better setup than that less than ideal Newegg setup.

Also check out Maingear. It seems that their prices is a bit lower than Avadirect:
F131 X58 (system-F131X58)

Customizations:
Chassis: MAINGEAR F131 Chassis With One-Piece Aluminum Front Construction - Black with Acoustic Dampening
M.A.R.C. Laser Engraving: No thanks, don't laser engrave my MAINGEAR.
Power Supply: 750W Silverstone Strider Modular Industrial Power Supply +$80.00
Graphics and GPGPU Accelerator: ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 DX11 [ENTHUSIAST] +$375.00
Motherboard: Gigabyte® X58 supporting CrossFire, USB 3.0, SATA 6G GA-X58A-UD3R
Processor: Intel® Core® i7-930 2.8GHz Quad-core with Hyperthreading
Processor Cooling: MAINGEAR Certified Intel® Retail Cooler
MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking Service: Intel® Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Memory: 6GB Kingston HyperX Triple-Channel DDR3-1600MHz Low Latency
Hard Drive Bay One: 640GB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA 7200rpm 16MB Cache
Optical Drive One: 22X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive w/ LightScribe Technology
Optical Drive Two: 22X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive w/ LightScribe Technology +$29
TV Tuner One: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250 Media Center Kit Dual TV Tuner PCI-E +$155.00
Audio: 8-channel (7.1) Dolby Home Theater Audio 5 analog audio outputs and S/PDIF Optical and Coax Out
Network Adapter: On-board Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
The Final Finesse: Designed, Manufactured, and Supported in the United States - Flawless Craftsmanship and Wire Management
Angelic Service Warranty: Lifetime Labor and Phone Support with 1 Year Angelic Service
Reconfigure F131 X58
Product Subtotal: $2,333.00

Last edited:
You are correct about the less than ideal new egg setup. I was using it as an example of price not of the actual items inside. My point is that custom is still the way to go, he just need someone to help him (Read my past posts)

But has a substantially shittier PSU. Not to mention that the 2TB drive would be slower than the 640GB drive. Also, the OP would still have to put together the PC. The OP is looking for a prebuilt option.

If he wanted to do a DIY setup, we could definitely come up with a significantly better setup than that less than ideal Newegg setup.

Also check out Maingear. It seems that their prices is a bit lower than Avadirect:
F131 X58 (system-F131X58)

Customizations:
Chassis: MAINGEAR F131 Chassis With One-Piece Aluminum Front Construction - Black with Acoustic Dampening
M.A.R.C. Laser Engraving: No thanks, don't laser engrave my MAINGEAR.
Power Supply: 750W Silverstone Strider Modular Industrial Power Supply +$80.00
Graphics and GPGPU Accelerator: ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 DX11 [ENTHUSIAST] +$375.00
Motherboard: Gigabyte® X58 supporting CrossFire, USB 3.0, SATA 6G GA-X58A-UD3R
Processor: Intel® Core® i7-930 2.8GHz Quad-core with Hyperthreading
Processor Cooling: MAINGEAR Certified Intel® Retail Cooler
MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking Service: Intel® Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Memory: 6GB Kingston HyperX Triple-Channel DDR3-1600MHz Low Latency
Hard Drive Bay One: 640GB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA 7200rpm 16MB Cache
Optical Drive One: 22X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive w/ LightScribe Technology
Optical Drive Two: 22X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive w/ LightScribe Technology +$29
TV Tuner One: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250 Media Center Kit Dual TV Tuner PCI-E +$155.00
Audio: 8-channel (7.1) Dolby Home Theater Audio 5 analog audio outputs and S/PDIF Optical and Coax Out
Network Adapter: On-board Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
The Final Finesse: Designed, Manufactured, and Supported in the United States - Flawless Craftsmanship and Wire Management
Angelic Service Warranty: Lifetime Labor and Phone Support with 1 Year Angelic Service
Reconfigure F131 X58
Product Subtotal: $2,333.00

You are correct about the less than ideal new egg setup. I was using it as an example of price not of the actual items inside. My point is that custom is still the way to go, he just need someone to help him (Read my past posts)

I see. He is getting someone to help him: a PC boutique :)

I'd buy an affordable box from Dell

The problem with that is if you do not select the base system you can pay 2 to 5 times newegg prices for each item you upgrade from the base. I am specifically talking about memory and hard drives. You also get the smallest power supply possible in most dell or hp systems. I know I had to buy two i7 systems recently at work. I believe the i7 860 system with 8GB of ram and a 1.5 GB nVidia 230 card came with a 350W supply while the 12GB RAM 3.2GHz xeon system had a 450W supply. In both systems the bios had no user modifiable cpu options (no overclocking ...) well except I could turn HT and VT-x off if I wanted.

I am in the exact same boat as the OP. I have $1900.00 now and will have the $2500 in about 30 days and want to pull the trigger.
I considered attempting to build one myself but I think I have decided I'd rather have someone else build it.
I looked at IbuyPower and while I really like the prices I have found so many complaints about them that I think I'd rather pay a bit more to someone else and avoid risk.
I have been looking hard at Digital Storm. If you go to their forums it seems their community is very helpful. I also noticed when someone did have an issue their customer service was right on it in a way a have rarely seen from any business. They offer a 3 year warranty on the parts as well as the labor. They are expensive though.
I noticed they have a sister company run out of the same building called Ballistic Gaming PC. They are a little cheaper, the trade off is they have less of a selection and the warranty is 1 year on parts, 3 years on labor.
This is what I am considering buying from Digital Storm next month.

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master HAF 932
Processor: Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium SLI (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator with DHX Extreme Edition
Power Supply: 750W Corsair TX
Hard Drive Set 1: (1TB Seagate/Hitachi/Western Digital (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 22x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Player (Play Blu-Ray and Play DVDs)
Video Card: 1x ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB (Sapphire Vapor-X 100281VXSR)
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Noctua NH-D14
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red)
Boost Processor: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)

I can get this system from them shipped at $2482.

I haven't had a chance to run this build by the experts here yet because things (prices) can change in the computer world in one month. The only thing this is missing that I was hoping to get is a small (80g) SSD drive. I'll probably have to add that later myself or add another couple of hundred dollars to my build, which is ok if it is worth it.

I have had my AVA system for over a year and no problems other than my power supply had to be RMA'd by OCZ (formerly PC&PC). I called AVA to handle the RMA and they were very helpful. I did end up dealing straight with OCZ on the RMA because I knew it would speed up my replacement so I wouldn't have to ship to AVA and them wait for them to ship. Other than the power supply everything has been very good and I do not blame AVA for the power supply because I have found out several owners of the 750W PC&PC Silencer have had issues.

So with any company there will be happy customers, upset customers, and indifferent customers.

I say go for it!

Many of the guys on here work for the computer industry, I'm not sure why they are bashing our brothers' work?

These places have some markup because these people and their families need to eat. $500-$1000 markup isn't too much really that's barely two house payments.

-500-1000 is two house payments? I would kill for that house payment or even double that, ends would be meeting a lot better.

I understand and don't disagree with many people here that urge me or others to build for ourselves to save money. I am really tempted by it, I like to save money as much as the next guy. I have never built a computer and am not technically savvy but it seems simple enough, you just plug the part into the appropriate slot.
Then there is the story with my brother-in-law. He built his computer last year with a guy from work that had built 8 of the computers at his place of employment. With the savings we were able to buy him better quality parts than he was going to be able to get if he had our local computer shop build it. His computer runs pretty good and the temps are low. But...He bought one of those sound cards with the front I/O plate, it still doesn't work. He keeps having little problems where his mouse is suddenly not recognized. He can play BFBC2 all day and it looks awesome, the next day he'll play it for 1/2 hour and the system freezes. We aren't computer techs so we don't know why these things happen so are left with either getting frustrated and turning the system off or scouring forums for help to try to solve the problem. This is ok and not a huge deal but my brother-in-laws response to me yesterday when I was talking about the fact that I am vacillating back and forth on whether to buy a built machine or save some money building it myself was that if he had to do it over again he would have rather parted with a few hundred more dollars to have a machine that works all the time and a warranty so he could get it fixed if it didn't.
I'd like to save money or be able to buy better parts but am afraid I'll end up with a product that doesn't work quite the way it should and not have the technical knowledge to make it right. If on the other hand one of you HardGawds live in Las Vegas and want to make a hundred bucks for something that is painstakingly easy for you then PM me.

He has a Razer mouse, right? Mine used to freeze and not be recognized all the time. Never again Razer...

yes razer Death Adder, same as mine. I never have a problem with it on my old machine (one in sig)...perhaps I'll advise him to try another mouse.

I'd advise him to get rid of all his Razer stuff. Because of its poor design its pretty much assured to cause system hangups and freezes, especially during boot.

Derr?

Find techie friend, or local computer shop

agree on a price to have them build it for you (typically $50-$75)

Order parts off Newegg

????

profit!

The best money you spend is usually the money you end up not spending

I can understand your problems, to this day my sound card isn't' working right either. its actually a problem with windows 7 NOT the sound card itself (its possible we have the same sound card). Anyway, i am a poor collage student, every time i see someone going to bestbuy and buying a computer just upsets me. This is because of a number of reasons 1:They are paying a lot of money which could be cheaper 2: That system is going to loaded with bad programs and junk, even though its "NEW" it will never run as clean as a machine that doesn't have that stuff. 3: repairs are crazy expensive compared to what i think they should be. I don't hate best buy, i just applied there actually. The truth is $100 to me a poor collage students means a lot more then you can think. what i am really saying is find someone like me. I would build it for cheap, and go out of my way to help make sure everything is working. There needs to be someone around you that can do it (to bad i leave in utah).
Finally just because its prebuilt doesn't mean everything is going to work right, that its going to connect to the internet, or even play the games you want. My cousins just purchased 3 new dell laptops. Even though they where brand new, i couldn't get them to connect to wireless. It drove me nuts, i tried a lot of things, my threads around here someplace. My cousins upset i haven't solved the problem decided to call up dell, what did they do? The same things i already done, then say they can get them a expert at the cost of $70 a labtop! (its only two weeks old) Well it turns out that i needed to replaced the router and modem (its was an all in one).... i am going to stop here, but i think you get the point.

-500-1000 is two house payments? I would kill for that house payment or even double that, ends would be meeting a lot better.

I understand and don't disagree with many people here that urge me or others to build for ourselves to save money. I am really tempted by it, I like to save money as much as the next guy. I have never built a computer and am not technically savvy but it seems simple enough, you just plug the part into the appropriate slot.
Then there is the story with my brother-in-law. He built his computer last year with a guy from work that had built 8 of the computers at his place of employment. With the savings we were able to buy him better quality parts than he was going to be able to get if he had our local computer shop build it. His computer runs pretty good and the temps are low. But...He bought one of those sound cards with the front I/O plate, it still doesn't work. He keeps having little problems where his mouse is suddenly not recognized. He can play BFBC2 all day and it looks awesome, the next day he'll play it for 1/2 hour and the system freezes. We aren't computer techs so we don't know why these things happen so are left with either getting frustrated and turning the system off or scouring forums for help to try to solve the problem. This is ok and not a huge deal but my brother-in-laws response to me yesterday when I was talking about the fact that I am vacillating back and forth on whether to buy a built machine or save some money building it myself was that if he had to do it over again he would have rather parted with a few hundred more dollars to have a machine that works all the time and a warranty so he could get it fixed if it didn't.
I'd like to save money or be able to buy better parts but am afraid I'll end up with a product that doesn't work quite the way it should and not have the technical knowledge to make it right. If on the other hand one of you HardGawds live in Las Vegas and want to make a hundred bucks for something that is painstakingly easy for you then PM me.

For $2500, I think you could build a much nicer computer if you built it yourself. You say that you are not tech savvy, but building the machine yourself is a great way to familiarize yourself with the components that comprise your machine. The new motherboards come with great instruction booklets that will tell you everything you need to know about the different plugs and such. For me, I would much rather set a day aside and enjoy myself while I put together my computer, maybe buy a case of beer with the money I saved. In my opinion, buying a pre-built computer is like buying a pre-assembled model car, wheres the fun in that? I really believe that if you build the computer yourself, everytime you use it you will enjoy it so much more because it will be a great accomplishment for you. Lots of people are buying the x-58 boards but I don't see the bonus in that. You could get an i7-860 with a p/h55 board and probably save $100. I know that the 1156 socket is probably not going to support the highest end processors in years to come, but by that time we'll be using ddr4 10 core processors and a new socket to boot. You have so much to gain by building your own system, it's an opportunity for you to gain some knowledge that you really can't acquire by any other means than getting your "hands dirty"(you really don't want your hands to be dirty).

Sorry for the long post, but I had to throw my 2c in!

Oh, hay guys! Check #2 and #3 out. Especially the bolded parts...

Guidelines For This Forum - Read BEFORE Posting.
1) All HardForum rules apply to this sub-forum.

2) NO "I can build it myself for $$$ less!" posts. NO "I priced checked at Newegg/ZipZoomFly/ClubIT/etc and can build it for $$$$ less!" threads. These posts will be deleted and your account will be permanently banned.

3) This forum is for prebuilt, OEM systems that you would buy from companies like Dell or Falcon Northwest. If you are looking for a venue to discuss or recommend home built systems, General Hardware is where you want to be.

4) One thread per purchasing decision. If you're looking to purchase a new pre-built PC, please do not start a new thread each time you find a new builder to choose from. Start one thread, and update it each time you have a question.

It's pretty specific in the OP what's being asked for:
Which boutique would you spend $2500 at and what specific components would be a part of your $2500 rig?

For a $2500 budget, no way in hell could you NOT be able to fit a SSD.

You can defintily go cheaper on the mobo and PSU: Both are overkill.

Drop the PSU down to the 750TX, 750HX, 850TX or 950TX.

Mobo wise, see if Avadirect has this mobo:
$210 - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 ATX Motherboard

Oh Apevia PSUs are still pieces of shit.

Brilliant! I will check out the Gigabyte you mentioned and drop down the PSU.
Would you rather have a single 5970 or a couple 5850's? And if you had two GPU's would you have to go bigger on the power supply?
What's a good SSD?

Oh, hay guys! Check #2 and #3 out. Especially the bolded parts...

Guidelines For This Forum - Read BEFORE Posting.
1) All HardForum rules apply to this sub-forum.

2) NO "I can build it myself for $$$ less!" posts. NO "I priced checked at Newegg/ZipZoomFly/ClubIT/etc and can build it for $$$$ less!" threads. These posts will be deleted and your account will be permanently banned.

3) This forum is for prebuilt, OEM systems that you would buy from companies like Dell or Falcon Northwest. If you are looking for a venue to discuss or recommend home built systems, General Hardware is where you want to be.

4) One thread per purchasing decision. If you're looking to purchase a new pre-built PC, please do not start a new thread each time you find a new builder to choose from. Start one thread, and update it each time you have a question.

It's pretty specific in the OP what's being asked for:
Which boutique would you spend $2500 at and what specific components would be a part of your $2500 rig?

Not sure if its just me but calling out members who take their time to respond to you and give reasoning as to why you should build your own system seems snobbish. Everyone who responds to your thread does so in an attempt to help you. Posting rules and ban threats seems a bit rude. If you aren't open to opinions, you probably should not be posting on an online forum.

A slap on the hands for those of us that don't want to see you get ripped off by a boutique!

Last edited:
Anything more i will say only distracts from the thread which was never my goal. I hope you are happy with your new machine.
Thank You

P.S Your first computer choice was great, i only thought it wasn't worth the cost...i talked about new egg to give you a reference of what a good cost would be. I apologize if i broke any forum rules.

Last edited:
Not sure if its just me but calling out members who take their time to respond to you and give reasoning as to why you should build your own system seems snobbish. Everyone who responds to your thread does so in an attempt to help you. Posting rules and ban threats seems a bit rude. If you aren't open to opinions, you probably should not be posting on an online forum.

A slap on the hands for those of us that don't want to see you get ripped off by a boutique!

Actually I think it sounds fine. If posts start going against the rules, it should be noted. Also, I think the original poster makes sense. When one states "I don't want X", they should not expect to receive the reply "how about X?" If then they post "I said I don't want X", why are they the rude one?

Maybe the next time you are at a restaurant and order something, the waiter should bring you something else and say "you should eat this instead, it is healthier".

I have also heard good things about Maingear.

The thread was being derailed to argue about "building it yourself". I wanted to point out that not only does the thread OP state that I didn't want "build it yourself" statements the forum rules state not to do this as well.

Thanks for looking out though! ;) Sincerely.

I can honestly recommend going with Puget. Bought my current PC from them 6 months ago and it's running beautifully. Never had a Maingear, but I constantly see good things about them on this board. I've heard nothing but pretty bad stuff about cyberpower and ibuypower. As for Alienware, the problem with them is you're essentially dealing with Dell. And if anything goes wrong with your computer, you're going to be stuck with a broken pos while you're given the endless runaround in the 9th level of Indian Tech-Support Hell.

$500-$1000 markup isn't too much really that's barely two house payments.

You mean two shack payments?

Also, I have no problem with people wanting prebuilt rigs and not wanting generic crap. I'm too money concious myself to do that, but then again, like quite a few people that visit this site, I can build everything myself without having infamous 'dead' parts, most of the population can not and do not want to risk it. Nothing wrong with them asking advice.

Now...that best buy alien link posted earlier wasnt a bad deal although they said no HDMI outputs right after listing that it had a 1GB 5870 video card...

Last edited:
Back