2500+ OC 200 FSB at 2-2-2-11 or 210 at 2-3-3-11?

Liqwid122

Limp Gawd
What should I do? I know 210 fsb has my cpu running faster but my ram doesn't like tight timings. I get about the same 3d mark 01 score so it doesn't matter right?

try using something like sandra or some other benchmarking utility that will give you more results, like memory bandwidth, etc.

I'd imagine you won't find THAT much of a difference either way

210 definately, the extra fsb will more then make up for the slightly higher memory timings.

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
2-3-3-11, and 2-2-2-11 are too close to care....run the higer FSB

Seriously... People put WAY too much emphasis on timings on these forums. They must think that God himself shit them out and slapped the AWESOME stamp on it. The difference between 222 and 233 is next to nothing in the real world. So 210 FSB all the way, man.

Originally posted by Ch1m3r4
try using something like sandra or some other benchmarking utility that will give you more results, like memory bandwidth, etc.

I'd imagine you won't find THAT much of a difference either way

agreed.

Bandwidth is king end of story 210FSB cas3 would still be faster than 200FSB cas2 anymore I dont even give a shit bout my timings...as long as the stuff will do a wicked high FSB speed im happy...hence the reason for some XMS PC4000 pro :D

Same ram and I can still boot 2-2-2-5 if i wants

My question is can you pump more v's into your ram

Depending on the ram:

If you have good Corsair/kingston/mushkin ram, you can probably through anywhere from 2.8-3.1v's into them

If your running 2.8, but 2.9 and maybe youll hit 210 2-2-2-11 :D

Simple: Run benchmarks that most closely represent what you will be doing with your system.

Gaming benchmarks most likely...instead of asking us, i recommend just comparing your own results!

Back