2500+ @ 2.3ghz (230x10)

DaveX

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I finally got off my lazy ass and decided to find the max FSB limit of my rig. Found out my 0330 2500+ can do 230mhz FSB on only 1.7V (w00t w00t) with 10x multi. Was too lazy to increase the multi further and test for stability so im using 230x10 right now. Stupid Geil ram refuses to run CL2 so I'm using 2.5-4-4-8.

Wow, my thread had no point.

And why can't I upload an image here to show off my rig's l337ness!!

What are you waiting for? I would be pushing that for 240x10 or 250x10 :D Up the vcore and go at it.

Very cool :cool:

What type of cooling do you have on the northbridge? PM me if you want your pic hosted.

Originally posted by neoreturns
What type of cooling do you have on the northbridge?

Thanks guys.

I have the stock passive aluminum fin heatsink on my Asus board. I don't know where I can upload my CPU-Z image so that I can post it here.

Would push further...but need CS...

In BIOS I set the voltage to 1.7V but my board overvolts anywhere from .2-.4 because both CPU-Z and MBM5 reported voltages between 1.72V and 1.74V

Benchmarks:

3DMark01 SE - 13,158 (was it? can't remember exactly since forgot to take screenshot) kinda low...but oh well

Prime95 - 15 hours 37 minutes 0 errors 0 warnings (too lazy to run 24 hours)

Sandra 2004 Memory Benchmark - 3696 mb/s (P4 scores pwn this but who cares when most of it is not used)

lucky.
I can not get mine to be stable at anything higher then 200 x 9.
Really pisses me off. I need better cooling.

attachment.php

Crap how do I get the actual image on the page?

OMG TOPSLOP YOU ARE A GOD??? HOW DID YOU GET MY SCREENIE ON THERE?

Haha, I just downloaded it from that site and hosted it on my own ftp. No problemo.

Hey DaveX, if you haven't already, you might want to look into Voltmodding your Asus Mobo. It is really easy to do, and gained me almost 200Mhz. In the next few days I will be altering my volt mod just a little bit to get the max power. (first mod was done with safety in mind).

Originally posted by DocFaustus
Hey DaveX, if you haven't already, you might want to look into Voltmodding your Asus Mobo. It is really easy to do, and gained me almost 200Mhz. In the next few days I will be altering my volt mod just a little bit to get the max power. (first mod was done with safety in mind).

I'll try when I get around to setting up watercooling but my board already overvolts.

TOPSLOP YOU ARE TRUELY A GOD AMONG MEN.

now if only you can host my other pics...

I have $500 to spend, I know I'm getting watercooling ($300) so what else should I get. I'm also thinking of getting a new case because my current sucks even though it has 120mm case fans (perfect for watercooling). Maybe a Lian-Li PC65B? (these have mysteriously disappeared from newegg).

This is with Catalyst 3.10, I'm going to try 3.7 later.
3dMark01 SE (vid card not at full oc):
050104-12681 3dmarks.JPG

Well, couldn't find Cat 3.7 so here I am doing 3dmark01 SE on another oc, 2.2ghz (182x12) w/ ram @ 2-3-3-7.

Interestingly, this is better than the score when I tested on 2.3ghz (230x10) w/ ram @ 2.5-4-4-8. My guess is that the laxer timings lower the score for my 2.3ghz oc.

At least I broke 13,000! w00t w00t!

060104-13087 3dmarks.JPG

funny. i do as well as you in benchies with my hardware, including a TI4600. seriously, before bragging at lunch, do more work so theres more of a difference. but all in all, good job on the fsb overclock. and a suggestion of what to do with the extra dough, buy two watercooling setups and give one to me. you know you want to. good job man.

Originally posted by comicbob
funny. i do as well as you in benchies with my hardware, including a TI4600. seriously, before bragging at lunch, do more work so theres more of a difference. but all in all, good job on the fsb overclock. and a suggestion of what to do with the extra dough, buy two watercooling setups and give one to me. you know you want to. good job man.

nVidia cheats :(

nVidia cheats
with the geforce 4 series cards? the new drivers only increase preformance on the fx card. they dont do anything to the gf4's. go read up.

Originally posted by laz
lucky.
I can not get mine to be stable at anything higher then 200 x 9.
Really pisses me off. I need better cooling.

That's not even stock speeds :eek: Your cooling or your methods are entirely pathetic. :(

I can do 2300 mhz at stock voltage but it seems to be like 98% stable at that. Need to run 1.7 for it to be perfectly stable which is still not bad from what i can tell with the rest of you! =D

Originally posted by comicbob
with the geforce 4 series cards? the new drivers only increase preformance on the fx card. they dont do anything to the gf4's. go read up.

I know man. I was just playing. Your GeForce4 performs about as good as my 9600 Pro because 3DMark01 SE tests DirectX 8 and not DirectX 9. The 9600 Pro is not that much better than a Ti4600 in DirectX 8.1

Originally posted by mwarps
That's not even stock speeds :eek: Your cooling or your methods are entirely pathetic. :(

Its the cooling. Its horrible. I need to re-set it, but I dont have pure enouhg of that iso-proply or whatever it is, to clean it off.

I know man. I was just playing. Your GeForce4 performs about as good as my 9600 Pro because 3DMark01 SE tests DirectX 8 and not DirectX 9. The 9600 Pro is not that much better than a Ti4600 in DirectX 8.1

i know. i just like to remind you. oh, and stay with the multi your at. i was playing around with mine and at 200fsb, i thought i set the multi down to 11, but it stayed at 12. poof. 2400, then my mobo says my ram it dead. oh well, i dont think it is. it happened when i got my ram too, just sitting here waiting for the bios to reset itself (yes, i did clear the cmos).

Originally posted by laz
Its the cooling. Its horrible. I need to re-set it, but I dont have pure enouhg of that iso-proply or whatever it is, to clean it off.

70% Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol) is fine. I've used it for years. It does nothing other than clean. It's the stuff you get at the store.

Clean and reseat. Move!

Originally posted by mwarps
70% Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol) is fine. I've used it for years. It does nothing other than clean. It's the stuff you get at the store.

Clean and reseat. Move!

Hmm... that is what I used last. Alright, I shall have to try this out, very very soon.

Originally posted by laz
Hmm... that is what I used last. Alright, I shall have to try this out, very very soon.

I used 90% and it worked fine.

You need to tighten timings a hell of a lot. The ones you are running right now are crap. Even with lower CPU speed, tighter timings will give you better results.

yeah there not great timings, change 8 to 11 (works better for some reason) then lower the others as much as possible, should be able to get 2.5 3 3 11 easily

Originally posted by fr33ze
yeah there not great timings, change 8 to 11 (works better for some reason) then lower the others as much as possible, should be able to get 2.5 3 3 11 easily

You know I've tried that. My Geil ram frankly sucks. If the last number is at 11, it never boots and I have to freaking reset CMOS. I can't count how many times now that I've reset CMOS.

On stock 2500+ (166x11), 2-2-2-11 won't work, 2-2-2-5 won't, 2-2-2-6 won't, 2-3-2-6 won't. Only 2-3-3-6 works. Keep in mind that is with stock vdimm 2.6V (still that pisses me off). To make it boot beyond 200mhz, I need to set CAS to 2.5 and the voltage to 2.8

I always thought those rumors of Geil not doing great on nForce2 to be rumors but now I must say I am a believer. Never again will I fall for pretty design and a cool red LED (although I must say that red LED is really cool).

Originally posted by DaveX
I always thought those rumors of Geil not doing great on nForce2 to be rumors but now I must say I am a believer. Never again will I fall for pretty design and a cool red LED (although I must say that red LED is really cool).

I remember you calling me a Anti-Geil Fanboy.

I'm glad you now see the light :D:p

Originally posted by Drisler
I remember you calling me a Anti-Geil Fanboy.

lol...I remember...and I apologize.

My next memory will be Mushkin lvl.2 Black PC3500.

Better hurry..I read a thread at ocforums where Mushkin tech reveiled that they'll soon run out of BH-5 Level II and will replace with something else.

Originally posted by Drisler
Better hurry..I read a thread at ocforums where Mushkin tech reveiled that they'll soon run out of BH-5 Level II and will replace with something else.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back