• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$250 Canadian, recommendations?

bloodeagle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
272
Hey, I'm in the market for a new desktop computer, and I only want to spend a maximum of $250 CAN on it, perferably only 200ish. I have no preference what so ever in which brand, because I really don't know which is better for the price range. I just want something for gaming, at a decent cost.

Thanks
 
AGP or PCI-Express? We need more info on what you're going to be running.

The 6600GT meets your needs for that price, a Leadtek 6600GT PCI-E is only $235 CDN.
 
Decent cost gaming card is the 6600GT indeed. I don't see any other good choice in that price range but check also the 6800 NU if there is some nice deal going.
 
yup they ship to canada.....
for 76 bux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats no deal!

I have an Apollo 6600GT with a zalman vf700 alcu cooler.
runs all day at 600core 1130 ram.
I will sell that to ya for 250 CDN (i am in Canada....no duty)
 
I dunno if this works for Canada but I've sold some stuff to people in Germany and just marked "Used Socks" on the package when I shipped it. The Zoll (Tax) people have yet to ever leavy anything.

You might buy stuff off of the US Ebay and suggest the shipper do that.
 
Hvatum said:
I dunno if this works for Canada but I've sold some stuff to people in Germany and just marked "Used Socks" on the package when I shipped it. The Zoll (Tax) people have yet to ever leavy anything.

You might buy stuff off of the US Ebay and suggest the shipper do that.

Not a good Idea.

While some customs agent will let It slide, If they want to be a prick they can really screw you on this. Because the item is not declared properly they get to set their own value and charge you duties on that. I got screwed with more $$ in duty fees than what I payed for an item once.

declare EXACTLY whats in the package, Call it a gift, and set the value under $40 and you should not get hit with anything ;)

Also, the 6600GT is a great card especially for the price.
 
Back
Top