How much do you like beef jerky?

• I roll my own

Votes: 45 21.1%
  • I like jerky quite a bit

Votes: 157 73.7%
  • I ain't manly enough to admit that i like jerky

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters
Anyone ordered these before? I usually get my jerky from costco: 2x 1lb for $10.

--KK

I love beef jerky, I never realised you could buy it online. I think I might buy some to try it out.

Links to any other beefy deals?

I just ordered a pound of the hot kind, I hope I wont be dissapointed.

I will let everyone know!

Love teh jerky...I don't think I would order it online...Costco works for me ;)

Been making my own jerky for years. Cow, Deer, Elk (once, rather gamey - not my favorite)

xxiv

A 1 ounce serving has 8 grams of carbs and 11 grams of protein. That's just kind of weird for jerky whether you are on a diet or not. Meat is a bit of fat and then mostly protein. Carbs usually only come from flavorings or maybe an insignificant amount from the meat. Could still be a good deal just wondering what anyone else thinks about this. Im pretty sure at least the guys that make there own may notice it's just a bit odd. Maybe they put a lot of sauce on but that could be to use cheaper meat... really have no idea. ill check my favorite jack-link's next time I pick some up.

texuspete00 said:
A 1 ounce serving has 8 grams of carbs and 11 grams of protein. That's just kind of weird for jerky whether you are on a diet or not. Meat is a bit of fat and then mostly protein. Carbs usually only come from flavorings or maybe an insignificant amount from the meat. Could still be a good deal just wondering what anyone else thinks about this. Im pretty sure at least the guys that make there own may notice it's just a bit odd. Maybe they put a lot of sauce on but that could be to use cheaper meat... really have no idea. ill check my favorite jack-link's next time I pick some up.
Good eye, i'll venture to guess two possibilities: 1) they got their nutrition count incorrect, or more likely; 2) they throw in some sugar/related ingredients in their recipe.

Tengis said:
I love beef jerky, I never realised you could buy it online. I think I might buy some to try it out.

Links to any other beefy deals?

L0L, if you can buy it at Wal-MArt then you can buy it online. ;)

texuspete00 said:

Most jerky recipies use molasses, wine, brown sugar, or some other sugar or alcohol. that is where the carbs come from.

One of my recipies has a cup of brown sugar in it (amongst other things). THis i about 192gr of carbs. But that is enough marinade for 5lbs of beef. Which by my math is 2.4 grams per oz of beef. However, 5lbs of beef yeilds about 1.5lbs of jerky. So 8gr of carbs per ounce of jerky. Of course this ignores the fact that the meat only sucks up about 2/3 of the marinade.

The reason why it has so many carbs ( mainly in sugar ) is because it's chinese/asian beef jerky. If you've ever had it, it's literally as sweet as candy. I prefer western beef jerky, but some people may like teH SweETNESs.l0l0l ok

Mother fucker... asian beef jerky is sweet? Im giong to be disapointed when I get it.

thanks for the link, lookin for some jerky to send to my brother in iraq. You guys should try http://www.tomsjerky.net/ Some damn good jerky there and the hot really is hot, and i can take chili fairly well, http://extremefood.com/index.php for my hotsauces! Anyways, it's 16 bucks for 8 ounces of jerky at tom's, ouch. I think if you order a pound or more, you get free shipping. The box that you receive smells so good when you open it :)

Inscape said:
Bought some Wal mart beef jerky, 8oz for $4. You get what you pay for :(

let me guess, they forgot the main ingridient?

the cow.

I just got the Fortune Jerky today, and OMFG! This stuff is fucking nasty!!!

First off, it's supposed to be some asian version of jerky, we all know that. But they use licorice as an ingreadent in it. So you bite into it and taste black licorice immiediately. Ewwwwww

On the other hand, if you enjoy meat and licorice, you are in luck with your nasty self..

Dude, you serious? I got the hot kind, I hope it tastes different.

I ordered the hot kind...
Even though it doesnt taste like beef jerky, or locorice, its really not that bad....

My dog eats it.

Unfortunatly its 15$ down the drain because I wont be eating it.

sry to hear it guys, the members over at AT made it sound delicious. This is the last time i trust AT noobs on any gourmet matter.....

Looks like western beef jerky is the way to go

Like i said, costco jerky is win! :D

well...next to homemade of course.

--KK

i love jerky, ordered a 9 pound box off ebay and had it gone in about a week and a half! mmmmm

ordering some slim jim sticks that are taco flavored right now. gonna see how they taste
100 sticks for $20

I got my pound of "Regualar Beef Jerky", a few days ago, it is gone now. Quite a decent flavor, hints of anise, and not overly salty. The beef was very soft, which I also enjoy.

This coupon still lives... i tried their fruit jerkey, it sucks... akin to eating flavorless dried beaf with some gross mixed fruit jelly.

SJetski71 said:
Good eye, i'll venture to guess two possibilities: 1) they got their nutrition count incorrect, or more likely; 2) they throw in some sugar/related ingredients in their recipe.

Sugar is used in the curing process.

Jerky YUmmy, I got some Alien Jerky on my way to vegas the teriyaki is some good Shittttt! ;)

Everytime I go to vegas I go to this store.. The girl that runs that store also runs their webserver, very cute and knows how to handle a computer in a store full of meat...

http://www.beefjerkystore.com/

They have tons of different types of jerky...

Is it better then my Alien Jerky!!!??? :p

darktiger said:
Everytime I go to vegas I go to this store.. The girl that runs that store also runs their webserver, very cute and knows how to handle a computer in a store full of meat...

http://www.beefjerkystore.com/

They have tons of different types of jerky...

Jasonx82 said:
Is it better then my Alien Jerky!!!??? :p

Sorry I have not had the pleasure to tasting alien jerky.....you could send me some though :) . But there is this place in Luling that makes killer jerky...

*drools*

I used to make deer jerkey while I was back in NJ, but beef works too. I've had a few of my friends from back home order me some from various sites over the years, and I've had this places once or twice. No complaints, though for my taste, their Hot is hardly what I'd consider Hot. Still good.

/Ordering 6lbs of the Super Hot

Back