• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$25-$30 for a case fan ?!

aL Mac

Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
949
fan

Damn, $30 for fan?! That may be canadian but still that's like $25 US. That's a lot of money for one fan.
 
try $70 instead. 265cfm fo dat azz.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-88.html


x5mfan882.jpg
 
Seriously, three of those fans and you're using enough power to power a 60 watt lightbulb. :eek:
 
domoMKIV said:
cant be any louder than my 8 80mm fans. :D

Actually I think it most likely is.

30 db + 30 db = 32 db or so. So 8 30 db fans would only be 36 !
 
aL Mac said:
Actually I think it most likely is.

30 db + 30 db = 32 db or so. So 8 30 db fans would only be 36 !


sounds louder than 36dB....quite a bit louder.
 
ive got one, got it for 5 bucks. it is loud but the temp difference with it full blast while playing games. i was using a zalman heatsink for my vid card and i poped that fan on. instantly went from 140F to 85F in 10 minutes... well i guess thats not instantly. but it makes a difference. just get a fan controller and its not annoying at all. you dont even notice it
 
domoMKIV said:
sounds louder than 36dB....quite a bit louder.
You have to quadruple the source of sound to effectively double it's intensity; you have 8 fans; so I'd say you've about 70dBA..
 
iddqd said:
You have to quadruple the source of sound to effectively double it's intensity; you have 8 fans; so I'd say you've about 70dBA..

yeah i need to get myself one of those 150mm, then 2 120mm for intake and im good. :D
 
I've got a 150mm EBM fan in my box that retails online for $80. I got it free out of an old HP WORM jukebox :D Damn thing is made of 100% metal and is near silent. It states on the front that it draws 4watts.
 
iddqd said:
You have to quadruple the source of sound to effectively double it's intensity; you have 8 fans; so I'd say you've about 70dBA..

Wrong--double the sound energy to raise it by 3 dB, and every 10 dB sounds like twice the volume. So if they're 30 dB fans, 2nd one puts it at 33 dB, 4th at 36 dB, 8th at 39 dB, assuming anachoic conditions, which is a perfectly illegitimate assumption.
 
I never knew decibels were measured on a logarithmic scale.
 
iddqd said:
I never knew decibels were measured on a logarithmic scale.

Yeah it is the sound level we'll call B is equal to...

B = 10 [dB] * log ( intensity / intensity_reference) There there an intensity 10^12 times greater only increases by 12 dB

It's done this way to model how the human ear percieves it.
 
I was just saying; I never knew... wasn't trying to disagree /w you or anything... :p
 
Back
Top