24v from one PSU

Elios

Supreme [H]ardness
is there any way to get 24v out of one 1000w PSU im looking to power a Lipo charger for my helis

Depends on how many amps are required. There is a -12V rail that you can use as the ground side with the 12V rail to get 24V total, however the -12V will be limited on the amount of current it can handle. It should be stated on the sticker on the PSU.

30amps may be more
im looking at an output on the charger of 30amps @ 25.2v max
and an input around 24v so some loss in that
not sure what the amp draw is but i know its going to be at lest 756watts not counting loss and converting 24v up to 25.1
so say 800watts
thats what 33.3 amps soo ideal would be 35amps?
dont need any thing more then 900w max since i dont plan to charge bigger then 6S lipos 25.2v * 30amp(max out put for the charger)
at MOST 40amps

I'm sure you've already considered buying a 24v supply?

That's quite a bit of power to ask from a 1000watt PSU, I'm not certain how the math would work, but I don't think you'd have enough on the -12v.

I'd really suggest buying a 24v supply though, unless you just want a project.

I remember when I was doing peltiers years ago, I grabbed a 40 amp (maybe more like 60 or 80, don't remember) for $50 or so shipped on ebay, but that was a lucky find. It's an industrial piece of equipment. Pretty sweet actually, weighed a ton though. Still have it too.

Anyways, best bet from what I recall is rigging two 12v supplies to get 24v. Maybe you could do it with 2 12v rails, but I don't know. Anyways, you'd need 2 PSUs/rails with 30 amps on the 12v each (I think). Pretty beefy.

yea thats what im going to do
found some stuff for rigging up two old HP server PSUs to make one big 24v 1400watt unit

Back