24U +/- Server Rack/Cabinet

Wil32

n00b
Hello guys,

I am looking for a server rack for my Norco 4220(btw i need to post my build 14TB, 7slots out of 20 taken) and im looking for a cheap solution here. Im looking around 24U and it can be open frame, then i will make panel from somone without any problem. If you guys got any suggestion, it will be very appreticated.

I will update this first post with a TOP 5 or summary of the suggested racks.

Thanks

Wil32

craigslist is a pretty good place to look for a rack when on a budget. Obviously it's take-what-you-can-get, but my office found an excellent half-height rack with doors, fans, and all hardware for $100.

I got my 22U APC off craigslist. You just need to check it every day. Half-height racks are unfortunately a lot harder to come across than full size ones from what I've seen, but you should see plenty of rackmount equipment on there if you live in a large city. If you don't, you might have to order a new one and that won't be cheap.

I guess i will get a frame/skeleton cabinet, then i will make wooden or very light metal panel for it. That way i can customize it and put flames on every sides !

Just kidding, but it is still the most reliable solution

I have a rack as well, but again like everyone else has said, that would depend on house close to me you live. DFW area here.

If you have the tools/skills to fabricate panels, why not just fab the whole cabinet? You can buy rack rail for cheap. I had some 11U rails and built a small cabinet around them for my basement. It's just plywood, casters, glue/screws and paint. I had all the material from other projects, except for the casters.

Back