24k 3dmark01 @ 3897 MHz on air!!!!

Johnyblaze

Limp Gawd
Stang_man and I finished up the droop mod on my P4C-800E, removed the shim from my R9800Pro, and went ahead and benched my computer outside where ambient temperatures were below 0c. This was with no tweaking at all, just a fun run. Result was 24067 3dmarks. I'll make some passes in 3dmark03 when I have more time.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7476318

Asus P4C800-E (droop+vdimm)
2.4c @ 3897 MHz (1.664v idle, 1.630v load)
Thermalright SP-94
Boot at 310mhz FSB, Clockgen to 325FSB
72/36 AGP/PCI
Mushkin PC3500 Level II (3:2; 215mhz 2-2-2-5; 3.18V)
Hercules 9800Pro@526/378, 1.88vgpu

Runs were done outside, on air.
24067_3dmark01.jpg

VGA on air.
526core_378mem_vga.jpg

Shim removal
remove_shim1.jpg

Droop mod courtesy of stang_man
droop_mod.jpg

vdimm mod courtesy of stang_man
vdimm_mod1.jpg

Nice!

droop mod on my P4C-800E ?

Whats is it for ? I guess Vcore but you only have it at 1.66v ?
LMK

nice job! I've been wanting to try this out with my unlocked 2500.

Was condensation a problem at all?

Chip is still above the temperature of the outside air. Prommied Chips are super cold in warmer climates. I know its more about the dew point or whatever but it's not a terrible rule of thumb. In short.... should not have condensation problems.

Droop mod is so vcore doesnt drop as much under load.

Poster->Nice outside run. Makes me want to put my rad out there. You live in CT like stang? It sure is damn cold right now.

the droop mod is to make the vcore more stable..

without the droop mod, we were setting the bios to 1.8V, getting 1.86V idle, and 1.61V load, not good at all for the chip.

with the droop mod, we set to 1.875V in bios because of the droop mod, and it'll sit at 1.69V idle, and drop to 1.63V load

every P4C800-e should have the mod done to it, though i gotta say, it was tough first time around.. 2nd time I did it, took 5 minutes :p

i bet i could get you beat this new year's - i was in south lake tahoe, and at night the temperature outside dropped below zero - farenheit! that's what? - -20C? :) you crazy fools...

Originally posted by codeflux
i bet i could get you beat this new year's - i was in south lake tahoe, and at night the temperature outside dropped below zero - farenheit! that's what? - -20C? :) you crazy fools...

It's been -25C minimum for the last three weeks here in Canada :)

Originally posted by xSteathx
Wasn't really nessasery to remove the shim on the 9800 pro.

was worth 10mhz on my 9800pro, and who knows how much on orian's.

contact is definitely better without the shim, trust me.

Wasn't really nessasery to remove the shim on the 9800 pro.

By your VGA clocks I would guess that you have either never done it or did not get proper contact when you tried.

Originally posted by Johnyblaze
By your VGA clocks I would guess that you have either never done it or did not get proper contact when you tried.

Why would I want to remove the shim? I looked to the side of my card and I see that the shim is a lot lower then the core.....

Btw my overclock on the core is using stock cooling, shim on, no artifacts.

that 2.4c overclock is awsome dude

it sure is very difficult to get that kind of fsb

what kind of PCI/southbridge device you have on? You using the ICH5 for your HDD or the promise?

you should try to give your BH-5 chips ~3.5v so you could possibly pull off 5:4 ratio. 2-2-2-5 @ 260MHz has been done with BH-5 on canterwood before, so it's possible (albeit slim). that would be sweet anyhow.

anyway, very nice, esp. for a 2.4c on air.

What chip is it? (FPO/Batch, step, etc.)

Why would I want to remove the shim? I looked to the side of my card and I see that the shim is a lot lower then the core.....

Btw my overclock on the core is using stock cooling, shim on, no artifacts.

our cards clocked at 480/378 stock cooling, with shim.. no artifacts

and no matter how much you think the shim is lower than your card, it's tough to get proper contact with the shim there.

Originally posted by snowwie
you should try to give your BH-5 chips ~3.5v so you could possibly pull off 5:4 ratio. 2-2-2-5 @ 260MHz has been done with BH-5 on canterwood before, so it's possible (albeit slim). that would be sweet anyhow.

i had just vmodded my psu, to give us a 3.7V 3.3V line, thus making around 3.5-3.6V Vdimm, and hope we can pull off the 5:4. Once we do, at the same speeds, i believe 26k should be cake. we'll have 25k at the speeds we are at now with a little tweaking :)

Originally posted by snowwie
that 2.4c overclock is awsome dude

it sure is very difficult to get that kind of fsb

what kind of PCI/southbridge device you have on? You using the ICH5 for your HDD or the promise?

anyway, very nice, esp. for a 2.4c on air.

What chip is it? (FPO/Batch, step, etc.)

I was using RAID 0 with the Promise controller.

I'll do a few more passes and shoot for 3.5vdimm and hopefully I can get those 5:4 numbers but I'm doubtfull.

FPO/Batch # L321A637

24K on 3DMark01? big deal.....

J/K congrats! :D

heck, its ONLY 5K more than what I'm getting.... :p

Back