• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2490 Spectraview calibration settings

abnorm

n00b
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
6
What setting do you use in Spectraview to calibrate 2490 for regular use. I will probably use "Photo Editing" target only when editing photos since it turns down the brightness to a minimum. What about regular use for DVD watching, gaming, etc?
 
I would alter photo editing for manual intensity, then turn the backlight down to a level you like. This will give you your darkest black and highest contrast. Which will help your blacks look blacker.

If it is too bright. You can do another with a target brightness for times when it is too bright. You can flip between the profiles at will to suite what you are doing. Any target value below 160cd/m2 is going use panel blocking and sacrifice your contrast.

Use the manual intensity settings before a targeted value, so you can see what you are getting.

I just got mine this week. See my posting about calibration here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032929434&postcount=3
 
I have a 2690 and use the following:
Gamma 2.2
6500K
120cd/m2
Neutral black

I don't change anything for different uses.
 
Do you use these settings in the Target configuration before calibrating? I don't see "neutral black".
 
I live in the UK and so use the European Spectraview software which is different from the Spectraview II software available in North America. You therefore might not have that specific option. In my software it is the "Black Luminance" setting where you can choose "Min. Native" or "Min. Neutral". I use the neutral option.
 
Back
Top