240W psu enough for E5-2670?

M76

[H]F Junkie
I wish to make my htpc as noiseless as humanly possible, and currently the loudest part is the psu. Which has a proprietary design since the computer is a barebone. So standard form factor PSU won't fit not even an SFX. So the only way I can replace it is if the new psu is external or very small.

I've found this:
ZF240 Fanless 240W ZeroFlex PSU
But will it be enough for an X79 with a E5-2670@ stock, a GT1030 passive video card, and 4x3TB wd green HDDs ?
In theory it should be, but I wouldn't place any bets.
CPU:110W
VGA: 30W
HDD: 40W
RAM: 10W

That adds up to about 190W plus 10% overhead = 210W peak power draw in theory.

What say you? Or can you recommend another noiseless external or small psu?

What is this HTPC doing? That PSU is a possibility, but if it works it will stay at near full load.
Maybe consider downgrading the CPU, then picking up a PicoPSU. I'm a huge fan.

What is this HTPC doing? That PSU is a possibility, but if it works it will stay at near full load.
Maybe consider downgrading the CPU, then picking up a PicoPSU. I'm a huge fan.
Possibly the most demanding work it does is as a media server. Apart from that file server, router, firewall, internal mail server. 99% of the time it runs below 5% load. So I doubt it will keep the psu near full load.

I don't think there are CPUs with less TDP that fit in an X79. But even if there were I don't want to invest in that.

I've read that this PSU is actually made as a 430W PSU would be it's only rated 240W because it has no active cooling. If that's true that boosts confidence for me.

That power supply is only rated for 168W at 12V, so "240W" is optimistic.

That power supply is only rated for 168W at 12V, so "240W" is optimistic.
IDK, I still might give it a go and see if it blows up. But I'll check the wall power draw first to see what's what.

Back