240v pc anyone else

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
I have 4 US 240v 6-15 recepticles in my computer room/Ham radio shack. I use them to power my 240 to 13.8v psu and my Tube Amplifier and my Solid State amp.

I also have a corsair AX1200 which can take 120 or up to 264v auto with no boondoggling.

I am going to place it on 240v just because I can and I have 2 empty unused sockets and why the hell not.

Any one else do this? Just wondering if you noticed any effeciency or less heat output under load while gaming hard?

Im just preparing for my Threadripper 2x Vega Crossfire rig ill be building. I want effecient low risk no breaker popping power delivery. I remember my quad fire 290x with 3930K back in the day. Would pop a 15 amp breaker likw nothing on 120v lol..

Just curious if anyonw else isbrunning 240v feed to thier gaming/wk station rigs.

Sorry for typos used my cell for this.

I use 240v running into my ax1500i, thats just because thats what my voltage is in the uk.

I have never noticed any problems and its ther same sensing psu, wherby it will run on 100-264v but 100v only gets you 1300watts instead of 1500.

if i have misread your post my bad.

I use 240v running into my ax1500i, thats just because thats what my voltage is in the uk.

I have never noticed any problems and its ther same sensing psu, wherby it will run on 100-264v but 100v only gets you 1300watts instead of 1500.

if i have misread your post my bad.

Thanks for the reply. Since you only have 240v in your country there would be nothing for you to compare against i.e. 120 here in the USA. Not a big deal. I will transition to 240v tomorrow. I am just going to chop the end off a PC power cable with a C13 end on it and place an appropriate 240v plug on it for my wall socket. I am sure that it will run more efficient since there will be less heat and current on the wire at a higher voltage. Especially when I get my Threadripper 2x Vega machine built in a few months, hopefully if they release soon and the benches look good.

I have 4 US 240v 6-15 recepticles in my computer room/Ham radio shack. I use them to power my 240 to 13.8v psu and my Tube Amplifier and my Solid State amp.

I also have a corsair AX1200 which can take 120 or up to 264v auto with no boondoggling.

I am going to place it on 240v just because I can and I have 2 empty unused sockets and why the hell not.

Any one else do this? Just wondering if you noticed any effeciency or less heat output under load while gaming hard?

Im just preparing for my Threadripper 2x Vega Crossfire rig ill be building. I want effecient low risk no breaker popping power delivery. I remember my quad fire 290x with 3930K back in the day. Would pop a 15 amp breaker likw nothing on 120v lol..

Just curious if anyonw else isbrunning 240v feed to thier gaming/wk station rigs.

Sorry for typos used my cell for this.

I've used my Corsair AX1200 like that for a few years and other PSU's. Your efficiency should go up a few percentage points depending on load. I forget the specific value for that PSU but they were better.

It's not enough for you to notice, but when I was mining big I ran 240 to the PSU's because 2 per cent on what I was drawing was a big deal.

Back